Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2004, 03:48 PM

Default Re: ATo, Party3-6

[ QUOTE ]
Turn, Don't bet, your opponenent gave you bad news twice, why are you ignoring him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose this is largely read dependent, but couldn't the button's flop raise merely be an attempt to see the river for free and/or force a cheap showdon (i.e. he has KK or QQ)?
Old 04-29-2004, 04:32 PM

Default Re: ATo, Party3-6

i like the preflop raise after 2 limpers here. it may buy you the button, you are probably ahead, but if not, you are only slightly behind a small pair who will fold to overcards.

the flop play makes a ton of sense to try to get this heads up.

since that didn't work, i think you may be in trouble. whenever 1 or 2 players cold call 2 bets each, it is a bit troublesome. too many times have i seen ace rag hit 2 pair and not raise because they are too passive and afraid of the preflop raiser's "obvious set".

check/call down the turn and river. if the river is head's up, sometimes i'll pop in a check raise because it seems he's just being too damn pushy and i don't like that. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] is that tilt? no...i just get a feeling you took down the pot from that a-hole.

cheers!