Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2005, 08:10 PM

Default Re: EPT Deauville - Day 1

Nice work Carl,

I've sat down 3 different times to try and finish up my running commentary and I honestly can't remember more than 1 or 3 hands. It's really weird but I played like crap the first hour, sleepwalking through, settled down the second hour and accumulated that big chiplead, then got called by King frikkin 5 and absolutely blacked out. I really don't remember my thought process at all during the last portion of the heads up. I remember you asking if I wanted to chop it and being so relieved for that chance. I was reeling hard and couldn't believe that you still wanted to go through with it.

I hate you for the 2-pair vs set hand. I remember thinking that I could push really quick on the river and make it look like a bluff. That's all I really remember.

I think I was playing straight up level 1 poker and it sucked. Maybe even level 1/2 poker. Man did it suck.

That's the beauty of poker though. It gives the fish a chance to get lucky. Then hopefully the fish learn from their mistakes and improve so that they don't have to get lucky next time.

Honestly, the play of Carl and Justin impressed me more than anything in this tournament. I think they play near-flawless poker and they deserve all the credit in the world. You'll get your chance for revenge once we're heads up in Monte Carlo. I can't wait.

Schaefer
Old 02-26-2005, 08:53 PM

Default Re: HU against Schaefer

Awesome post and thread. I especially loved these lines:
[ QUOTE ]
Schaefer and I had joked with each other before the tournament started about how once we get HU we’ll just chop it. We saw the pay out break down, 32% for 1st, 17% for second. I said, “you realize 49% of the prizepool is ours?” It was just a dream that neither of us really believed would ever happen. It’s one of those conversations I image many friends have.

[/ QUOTE ]

The paragraph on K5 is one of the best thought processes I've read on 2+2. One question, why would the Stars officials care about whether you or Schaefer won? didn't you both qualify through PS?
Old 02-26-2005, 09:03 PM

Default Re: HU against Schaefer

[ QUOTE ]
didn't you both qualify through PS?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but Carl was a cash qualifier, I was FPP. I guess I was the first FPP qualifier ever to make the final table and the whole $0 investment angle made them wet at Poker Stars. Cash qualifiers are old news. I AM CINDERELLA.