Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2005, 10:47 AM

Default Re: QQ flops undercards and get min-checkraised. I hate how I played i

Everyone seems to think this hand was played basically well, but could be tweaked. Is this a standard WA/WB line when we're OOP?

But I would have lead the turn for about $40. Is this bad?
Old 08-02-2005, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone seems to think this hand was played basically well, but could be tweaked. Is this a standard WA/WB line when we're OOP?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the turn lead is good if we've seen this guy raise the flop on the draw before.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:58 AM

Default Re: QQ flops undercards and get min-checkraised. I hate how I played it

Raise more preflop. And that $15 on a flush draw board seems pretty weak. Looks like a jack to me. I probably bet $15-20 on the river as a blocker/value bet.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:59 AM

Leading the turn is another good option. Probably I'll play about 60/40 between bet/fold turn and c/c turn. Depends a lot on the aggression of the opponent.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise more preflop. And that $15 on a flush draw board seems pretty weak. Looks like a jack to me. I probably bet $15-20 on the river as a blocker/value bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

1/4 pot? That's really weak. I think you're asking to get blown off your hand betting that small on the river. Perhaps people in this game don't do that but I think you're generally asking to get blown out of the hand betting so small.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the thing about this hand that is difficult is that Villain is in position and after his miniraise only has a little over $50 left. If you reraise to $28, as one person suggested, can you really get away from the hand for only $25 more? If you lead for $40, you obviously just have to lead for his last $50 or so, right? That's why I think I prefer to play this hand passively. If you put him all in on the flop, he might call, but most decent players are folding there. (I don't think we were given any reads, so I'm giving Villain credit for at least having some sense.) I guess I'm trying to find a way to get maximum value from the hand without losing everything to a set. That's why I like the poster's play. He basically got about as much as he could have out of the villain without risking being all in against a set. I think that just about any other play puts you all in (or rather Villain, but same difference) with just an overpair. I like to keep this pot fairly small, which Hero did.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:04 AM

People in this game don't do that. And it looks plenty like a value bet from a monster. I wouldn't be too eager to necessarily throw it all in there if I'm the villain. $20 comes pretty close to PCed for a lot of people here.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:05 AM

He has 60 left. You can lead for 20 and fold for 40 more.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:14 AM

if you had a set would you bet only 15 dollars into a 36 dollar pot on the turn?
Old 08-02-2005, 11:49 AM

raise the turn. The flop raise almost always means top pair unless the player is tricky. They generally wait till the turn to raise their sets or two pair hands. I think you are way ahead and villain has 5 outs. After the 3 hits on the river, you are ahead of any two pair hand that didn't include a 3.

To sum up, I always assume the flop raise means top pair, unless the player is marked as being good...then It can be two pair or a set. The average donk though, it's top pair, and sometimes not even with a good kicker. I raise my overpair on the turn here almost 100% of the time. I don't go nuts or anything but i'm perfectly happy to get my money in on the turn and expect to be good 70% of the time or so.