Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 08:28 PM

Default a question out of curiosity...

what are your systems for cashing out? i find myself torn b/w wanting to move up in limits and needing the money, well...to live/do things. i just cashed out again for a grand and it really sucks b/c i feel like i can never move up in limits if i keep cashing out every month. anyone have any good systems that allow them to cash out while still moving up in limits at a decent rate?
Old 08-01-2005, 08:39 PM

Default Re: a question out of curiosity...

play more hands. win more money. cash out money for booze, drugs and hookers. move up in stakes with the help of extra winnings. repeat.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
cash out money for booze, drugs and hookers.

[/ QUOTE ]

WORD
Old 08-01-2005, 08:52 PM

Cash out half your profit at regular intervals (hopefully long enough ones that you will be up over the course of one unit the vast majority of the time, like a month or 20K hands or whatever). The other half goes towards building your bankroll for the next biggest game.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
play more hands. win more money. cash out money for booze, drugs and hookers. move up in stakes with the help of extra winnings. repeat.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha but if i cash it out how can i move up?
Old 08-01-2005, 09:12 PM

This is a problem I have as well. It never fails, as soon as I begin thinking about moving up some financial emergency hits and I'm forced to withdraw a significant portion of my BR. This last time it actually forced me to move down in stakes for awhile, guess more experience never hurts. Of course the alternative would have been much worse, long live poker!!! JMO
Old 08-01-2005, 09:18 PM

assuming you play 15k hands per month and you cash out your winnings at the end of each month. also, assume that you have a 10bb/100 winrate. if you bump the number of hands you play to 25k then you win 1000bb more per month. assuming you keep a bankroll of 30 buyins, the 10 extra buyins you make allows you to move up to the next level with 20 buyins. adjust numbers accordingly.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:25 PM

in general my policy has been not to touch it until i reach the game where i want to make money, then i cash out 3/4 of my profit over a certain period of time.

for example, i didn't cash out any of my 200NL winnings while moving up to 400NL, and then i stayed there fore a while until i decided it was dumb for me not to move up to 1000NL.

doubling one's bankroll to move up a "step", assuming ~10BB/100 and 20 buyin BR = 2000*100/10 = ~20K hands which is no small feat, but isn't impossible to do in two weeks either.

fim
Old 08-01-2005, 09:50 PM

you're already up to 1000nl? Weren't you just at 100/200nl? or am i making this up?
Old 08-01-2005, 11:01 PM

I dont cash out. But I have a good job so I don't need the money. And I want to move up as quickly as possible.