Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 12:04 AM

Default Re: Cheating: looking for links to old discussions

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The best discussion on this forum (unfortunately, I couldn't find it to link to it) was when Daliman said he'd let ZeeJustin play 9 of the 10 seats in a SNG while Daliman played only one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think This is the thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

That thread is so funny that not only should it be stickied, it should be dressed up and called Judy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I cant wait to bust out of the rest of my set to re-read this.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:12 AM

Call me naive, but I have played a lot at the higher stakes SNGs, and I do not believe collusion is that common at all. I feel like if a person is intelligent enough to know how to collude well, that person has all the necassary skills to beat that game by himself.

Also, if there were really good colluders out there playing the high stakes sngs, it would be really hard for non-cheaters to have good returns. The fact that I know many winners that dont cheat at the highest levels leads me to believe that there are few if any colluders.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The best discussion on this forum (unfortunately, I couldn't find it to link to it) was when Daliman said he'd let ZeeJustin play 9 of the 10 seats in a SNG while Daliman played only one. Daliman said ZJ could look at all 18 hole cards and collude in any way he liked and it wouldn't make a difference... Daliman would still win money. Classic thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is incorrect.

Anyways, what has ZJ done lately? Like the kid fell off the face of the earth....

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, he won 2 multis in the last month for 6 figs each. id say thats pretty solid. holla
Old 12-14-2005, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The best discussion on this forum (unfortunately, I couldn't find it to link to it) was when Daliman said he'd let ZeeJustin play 9 of the 10 seats in a SNG while Daliman played only one. Daliman said ZJ could look at all 18 hole cards and collude in any way he liked and it wouldn't make a difference... Daliman would still win money. Classic thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is incorrect.

Anyways, what has ZJ done lately? Like the kid fell off the face of the earth....

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, he won 2 multis in the last month for 6 figs each. id say thats pretty solid. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 12-14-2005, 01:11 AM

That thread was mindboggling.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:20 PM

**bump**
I think there is still some good discussion to be had about this subject.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:30 PM

Because you are paying more than 1 buy-in, I believe that collusion would be very difficult to become profitable. However, I believe that it is possible especially in the bubble. Again though, if I knew someone who was a really good player, I would rather hedge our winnings rather than collude. The reason is that if we are at the same table and pooling our money, we can't both win. If we are separate tables, we can both take first prize with good poker play.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is incorrect.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm on vacation right now so won't be posting much, so hopefully i'll be back to add some more comments to this eventually, but i wanted to say:

[your sarcasm detector] -----> broken

or,

you've managed to like double secret backwards upsidown sarcasm us. in which case, nice job.

c
Old 12-14-2005, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is incorrect.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm on vacation right now so won't be posting much, so hopefully i'll be back to add some more comments to this eventually, but i wanted to say:

[your sarcasm detector] -----> broken

or,

you've managed to like double secret backwards upsidown sarcasm us. in which case, nice job.

c

[/ QUOTE ]

youll never know will you. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] holla
Old 12-14-2005, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SNGs due to their structure are quite "cheatable", specially if the colluders manage to sit next to each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm watching 2 colluders now sitting next to each other at a $50 STT on Party. They are also sitting next to each other on 2 step tournaments.

I was playing some step tournaments the other night and they were at my table doing some barefaced colluding stuff. When i did a search for them I seen that they were 3 tabling together. I added them to buddies and everytime I search they are 3 tabling together.

I've reported it to Party so I'll see what they say but it's obvious. I've got a couple of HH's of just an hour ago where one checked down a flopped full house to the end when last to act when his buddy was in the pot with him and it was 3 handed. And another where one raised, his short stacked friend reraised then he called. The shortstacked went all in for some shady amount and the other folded so both were healthy again.

There are around 80 $50 STT's running when they play but they always seem to hit the same table and always seats 3 & 4. Strange eh?