Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 06:32 AM

Default limping with medium and small PP UTG, UTG+1 and UTG+2

Because of the implied odds you get from flopping sets in NL HE I try to see as many flops as possible with PP, but a situation the frequently arises is when you limp from the first three positions, a couple more limp behind and then someone raises for like 6 times the BB.

Should I just stop playing 22-88 from the first three posistions, fold to the raises or call the raises (sometimes the raises can mean high cards too which the PP are favorite agaist)?

And when someone makes a big raise, how many callers should you then have just for implied odds on the set (assuming you toss when you don't hit)?
Old 08-30-2005, 08:58 AM

Default Re: limping with medium and small PP UTG, UTG+1 and UTG+2

you should not stop limping these. you should limp them and then consider each raise as it comes, using the 5/10 rule which is explained in the FAQ
Old 08-30-2005, 09:09 AM

You should never fold these small pocket pairs if the raiser (or perhaps one of the callers) has more then 10x what you should call. At these low limit tables, the fish has no way of getting away from overpairs, or an AK/AQ which they hit the flop with. Your implied odds are through the roof with smaller pocket pairs turned into a set.

I like to call them my bread and butter on these limits [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Mickey
Old 08-30-2005, 09:13 AM

Only fold unless you're getting less than 10/1 implied, or against a very tight raiser who is not willing to go all in on the flop with just an overpair.