Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2005, 02:54 AM

Default Re: for the 10$ guys

FWIW, if you really are looking to add skills to play top NLHE tournaments , you shlould mix some NL ring games into your play.Not the 25$s, but something.
Old 07-23-2005, 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that some of the problem in playing those low buy-in ring games, is that it gets so boring, some people simply start looking for action, overplaying, bluffing, etc, which is very costly of course.

While in SNGs, it's structured in such a way, that you'll get your share of drama whatever you do (bubble play, ITM, HU, etc), so you won't have enough opportunities to outplay yourself like in a boring cash game. Only a thought. Otherwise you might be correct about the better $/H in NL if compared to low buy-in SNGs, but I think that strong players who choose to play those $10 SNGs for some reason and can actually crush them (it's possible to achieve some monstrous ROI there through "expert", well adjusted play), might prefer them on the NL ring. Or maybe they should just move up... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

well said.. I crush my silly little home game but when i get on the ring game tables on PP skins I always end up thinking im Doyle Brunson playing a bunch of rocks, when really I am an average player playing loose call-stations, and start making all sorts of silly moves.. lol, however in sngs it is much easier for me to be the good little rock I need to early on because I know when the blinds get big I can be the laggish thief I want to be at heart and it is +EV [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-23-2005, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, if you really are looking to add skills to play top NLHE tournaments , you shlould mix some NL ring games into your play.Not the 25$s, but something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe next year, for now, I just like to play.
Old 07-23-2005, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have delusions of getting good enough at NLHE to win the WSOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Party Sng'S are great practice for live single table satellites, but I would suggest also playing some of your sets at Stars to get more post-flop practice.
Old 07-23-2005, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dont you think you will make more $/hr 4-tabling 25 max NL, especially on weekends? I can understand if you want to move up to 20$s and are learning SNGs, but I cant imagine from a strict money making perspective a <20% ROI being better than a even a mediocre player could make at the 25$ tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that the 25 NL is soft as a teddy bear. I've been running really hot on them and making very nice money. But I'd be afraid to 4 table them because, to me at least, alot of the play (even while mostly nut-peddling) can be very read dependent. Four tabling $11 SNGs is easy. SNGs are more conducive to multi-tabling, at least for me, since I'm relatively new to ring games.
Old 07-23-2005, 06:39 PM

for what its worth if I had a choice between 4 tabeling $11s for $15/hour and 4 tabeling $25 NL for $20/hr I would definitly choose the $11s.
Old 07-23-2005, 06:44 PM

Absolutely, but you have done a cardinal sin here, you know.

You forgot: Do you see why? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-24-2005, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
for what its worth if I had a choice between 4 tabeling $11s for $15/hour and 4 tabeling $25 NL for $20/hr I would definitly choose the $11s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why
Old 07-24-2005, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dont you think you will make more $/hr 4-tabling 25 max NL.....Boring as hell...

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo.