Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2005, 02:27 PM

Default 58s every street debatable

1/2 PL (6max)

Opponent and I both have around 200. I have been at the table for about 3-4 orbits and haven't seen anything out of line.

UTG limps, I call on the button with 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], SB folds, BB makes it 8 total, UTG folds and I call. At this point I put him on a big pair or a big A.

Flop (19)

5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB bets 15, I call.

At this point I have middle pair and a backdoor flush draw. I am ahead of a whiffed AK/AQ continuation bet and may be able to stack an over pair if I hit something on the turn.

Turn (49)

4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

My opponent bets 40, I call.
Comments?
Old 08-04-2005, 02:30 PM

Default Re: 58s every street debatable

Flop call is eh. On the turn you have like 25% pot equity, and you are getting only slightly better than 2:1, but it's close, because you're implied odds are pretty high (you're gonna take the rest of his stack almost always).
Old 08-04-2005, 02:31 PM

Dont limp with 58, dont call the preflop raise. Flop, as the hand now was played, is ok if your trying to take it on the turn, but when he pots it on the turn you haft to fold it.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:37 PM

I don't see how limping in position after a limper can be that bad, raising is probably better though. I try to play as many hands from the button as possible.

Getting 2-1, closing the action holding a big PP snapper hand and having position I couldn't bring myself to fold preflop either.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:39 PM

Fold preflop and you won't have to worry about any of this. These PF calls lead to more trouble than they are worth and seem to have a way of compounding themselves as the hand progresses.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:40 PM

I think I have closer to 30% pot equity. Assuming I have on average 13 outs.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:14 PM

you've gotta fold that turn.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I have closer to 30% pot equity. Assuming I have on average 13 outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

13 * 2 = 26. That's just my average guess. And assume you have an average of 12.5 outs because he could easily have a spade.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:29 PM

Fold the turn here if you dislike money.

Contrary to common belief, I'm counting 14 outs here. 2 5's, 3 8's, 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]'s.

This leaves you at 32ish% pot equity, meaning the only reason to fold the turn would be you hating money.

Preflop is a little questionable, but I'm never going to bash someone for calling a small preflop raise on the button with an extremely deceptive hand.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:38 PM

I like the preflop call on the button unless the preflop raiser is a really good player. I probably would never call on the flop here, I would either raise to about 45 or fold, depending on my read and if I thought the player was going to stack off with KK on a rag board. Against most 200NL players, the raise will get you a free card on the turn. Also, if he calls the raise, you'll know he has a big pair and not Ace high.

You definitely have to call the turn. You have 32% pot equity and if you go runner runner flush to crack his big pair, not only will you get the stack he has in front of him, when he rebuys he'll be so hacked off that he'll probably dump a few more buy ins to you. He'll think you're a fish and be itching to get his money back.