Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2005, 05:47 PM

Default Post Flop play , PSHHHHHH!

lol just wanted to get a few views on these two 1010 hands where I decided to push preflop. on the first one Had Pocket 10s on the cryptos in the Small blind. No one is especially good and there are obviously a few donks. Very odd action, here it is:

8 handed (.25 BB):
utg folds, ep calls, mp1 calls, mp2 raises to .50, CO and Button call. HERO raises to 1.5 (about 2.5 in pot?).

BB calls, EP calls, MP1 calls, VILLAIN raises to 2.5, CO calls, Button calls.

Hero Pushes in for $20
Thoughts? I put most of the table on overs since there was so much cold calling, including villain. I think it will be a race and there is enough dead money for it to be worth it. My initial raise was small but I thought it would get us heads up. Besides that hows my play? I'll be at work but I'll post more later. How often am I ahead here? 2 minraises preflop my an MP2
Old 07-02-2005, 07:19 PM

Default Re: Post Flop play , PSHHHHHH!

Don't think the dead money will be enough to compensate for the times that he has you crushed.
Old 07-03-2005, 02:54 AM

you put villain on a strong hand he's failing to protect here? i put him on KQ or something since he showed no real strength and didn't try to narrow the field.

The things that said this to me were a minimum raise with two limpers and 4 to act behind him, followed by the second minimum raise with all of the others cold calling. As it turned out he had KK and called when I pushed but I spiked a ten to win. Villains range of hands IMO were any pocket pair. I've seen this with mid/low PP trying to "push people out." and AQ, AJ, KQ.

later that afternoon I made a similar play where I raised to 1.5 with 5 limpers (from the BB), including the button. the other 4 cold called and the button made it 5 to go. Like in the previous hand I was suspicious from the late position weakness followed by a reraise. I pushed this 1010 hand as well and will called his last 6 bucks to show a A5 suited

I chose pushing because I would have to raise a sizeable portion of my stack to actually see where I was at with villain, and I still wouldn't be able to elimiate AK or even AQ with said villain and would be OOP the entire hand
Old 07-03-2005, 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't think the dead money will be enough to compensate for the times that he has you crushed.

[/ QUOTE ]

there was about $9 in the pot at this time. the times he has me crushed as I saw it were JJ-AA, or 4 times. My read was villain could also have 77, 88, 99, AK AQ or even KQ here. I was hoping for some comments on villains hand range as others saw it for a not so good crypto player.
Old 07-03-2005, 06:08 AM

A donk which I don't have much of a read on (min-raising read) min-raises and then min-reraises? When I see that I immideatly think of aces. I would call the min-raise weather I had 72o or KK, and open fold any flop that didn't make my hand better than AA.

(Slight exaggeration, you get my point: Push is horrible.)
Old 07-03-2005, 08:32 AM

if you feel there is good chance villain will fold a better hand like JJ or villain will call with a worse hand then pushing is fine.

I would have to put villain on a pretty liberal reraising hand range to push here though.