Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2005, 03:12 PM

Default MultiPoker reneges on reload

Maybe I should know better than to deal with MP based on posts here, but I had never had any trouble with them and I was getting some decent rakeback. Then along comes the Jun05 reload and I'm excited to take part... I withdraw my funds that were remaining in MP and a day later I deposit for the reload. After playing a few hands I remember to go check my bonus status and it is already 'Elapsed'. Wtf? The following is the response(s) I get from them:

> We do understand your concern in this regard. We see that you were issued
> a bonus of $100.00 on 15-JUN-2005 01:39 for "JUN05RELOAD" and I also see
> that the bonus elapsed. The reason why the bonus has elapsed is because
> you have made a cash out on 13-JUN-2005 23:55 and to avail the bonus you
> are not supposed to cash out 15 days prior to the deposit.
>

so I read through the T&C's and found nothing referring to this rule and asked them about it...their response:

>We do understand your concern, and would like to inform that this condition is not listed in the terms and conditions. This is a decision taken by the management and has come into effect immediately. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused due to this.
>

nice. This prompted me to immediately withdraw and look for other fish to fry. Yes the play bonus requirements of 20x sucked, but if I was getting rb as well, it was accepotable to me. But this kind of arbitrary decision just doesn't work for me. Maybe this is typical for many rooms, but I would expect them to post it up front. wah. just had to vent I guess...

pdxpuck
Old 06-15-2005, 03:31 PM

Default Re: MultiPoker reneges on reload

15 days? wtf is that? you didnt know thee bonus was coming 15 days in advance. it should be exactly like party where if you withdraw during the bonus period and redeposit you wont get it. and its not in the t&c. just another reason to only whore the sign up bonus there then get the [censored] out of dodge and never go back
Old 06-15-2005, 03:41 PM

This one I don't even get from a moneymaking standpoint, this can only cost them money.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:43 PM

my thoughts exactly - and hence my immediate withdraw. I asked them to consider granting it back and they claimed that it is not something they can reverse. If I had a different email than the standard info@ I would consider sending to a "higher power", but as it it stands...next poker room....
Old 06-15-2005, 04:22 PM

I tried "COMPBONUS" at PartyPoker, it also said for me that the bonus had "elapsed". I got an email saying I had received the bonus - I emailed PP support and they replied with the same response, that I had cashed out within 15 days prior so I wasn't eligible for the bonus.

Does anyone know if this is a standard now for all Party Poker bonuses?
Old 06-15-2005, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I withdraw my funds that were remaining in MP and a day later I deposit for the reload.

[/ QUOTE ]

Party skins are cracking down on this. There's a way around it. I'll use what I'm doing as an example.

I am working off the MP reload myself. After I've cleared it, I'll continue to play there. Let's say that a week after the bonus is cleared, Empire has a bonus. I'll withdraw what I need from Multi, and deposit into Empire. Once the EP bonus is cleared, I'll continue to play there until another skin has a bonus.

Most Party skins don't have more than one reload a month, and it doesn't take too long to clear any reload, even the MP one.

My method does two things. It establishes that I am willing to offer "cover play" outside the bonus period(which I'm fairly sure Party and skins are happy about), and it indicates that I'm not abusing the bonuses because I'm not withdrawing money from one site to get a reload from the same site.

Actually, it does three things. It encourages me to have a nice, fat, safe bankroll sitting in neteller waiting to take advantage of these situations.

The withdraw/deposit method always confused me before, as it seems to invite abuse.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my thoughts exactly - and hence my immediate withdraw. I asked them to consider granting it back and they claimed that it is not something they can reverse. If I had a different email than the standard info@ I would consider sending to a "higher power", but as it it stands...next poker room....

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, at the very worst MP is breaking even with a 20x bonus. Seeing how the minimum rake is 0.50 and at a full table that is 0.05 a hand per person. The same amount the bonus gives.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, at the very worst MP is breaking even with a 20x bonus. Seeing how the minimum rake is 0.50 and at a full table that is 0.05 a hand per person. The same amount the bonus gives.

[/ QUOTE ]

the minimum rake is .10 not .50
Old 06-15-2005, 05:47 PM

thats weird, according to the history button in the cashier screen at multi, i cashed out on the 8th[finished off last motnths], then deposited on the 13th[for this months], yet my bonus is fine.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:58 PM

I think there may just be issues with this bonus in general.

I deposited today for the bonus and it also shows as elapsed. I have not made a withdrawal in months.

Here is multipoker's response:

Hi xxxx,

Regarding your email, we would like to inform you that we have already
informed the appropriate department about this. We would request you to
please get back to us after 24 hrs to know about the status of this
issue.

We would appreciate your cooperation in this regard.

Note: Please do not disclose your password to any
individual/organization claiming to represent us. We will never ask you for the password to
your account. If you receive any email or phone call from anyone
requesting you to provide your password please report it to us immediately.

Our Customer Care Department is available 24/7 to assist you via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

xxxxx
Poker Customer Care

Maybe we will all end up getting it.