Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 05:57 AM

Default How passive in order to just call here? (not much content)

Haven't played too many hands with villain yet, but his stats are the reason I'm there. VPIP of 50ish, PFR of 4. Aggro numbers ranging between .5 and 1.0 over 600 hands.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP folds, SB calls.

River: (7.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero...

This guy was so passive I couldn't picture him raising a river J here, but it makes sense too that the case A would raise somewhere earlier.

How passive does your villain need to be to just call this river? This is the closest it's ever been for me.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:02 AM

Default Re: How passive in order to just call here? (not much content)

[ QUOTE ]
Haven't played too many hands with villain yet, but his stats are the reason I'm there. VPIP of 50ish, PFR of 4. Aggro numbers ranging between .5 and 1.0 over 600 hands.

[/ QUOTE ][ QUOTE ]

This guy was so passive I couldn't picture him raising a river J here, but it makes sense too that the case A would raise somewhere earlier.

[/ QUOTE ]

It makes sense to you, but not to a 50% fish on Party. I really don't know here.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:05 AM

I 3bet this 99.5% of the time. even the passive dudes raise Js here
Old 09-06-2005, 06:08 AM

I would not 3-bet this. I make a crying call.

Save the occasional tilt and bluff, this type of extravagant slowplay from a bad loose passive player is almost always a monster. A Jack would usually donk. I think it would hardly ever checkraise.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:10 AM

It is extraordinary to wait until river to raise with ace in the board like this. He is not ultra-passive either. Just passive.

I do not worry about quads. I 3-bet and call if raised. I think he has worse aces full.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:21 AM

I would 3-bet this. If he has an A, wouldn't he have raised the turn even if he is über passive?
Old 09-06-2005, 06:30 AM

Are those numbers really super-passive? Isn't this a normalish agg rating from someone with such a high vpip?