Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2005, 08:42 AM

Default Re: Are Astrology Devotees SubHuman?

[ QUOTE ]
Again people not knowing what they are even talking about. You ever do any research into this or just laugh it off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I must admit you are correct, I laughed it off at first. So I looked at it a little further.

<font color="red">
Left Image: very psychic (note half moons) but low distorted energy

Right Image: very psychic (note half moons) but also very high positive energy

Which psychic would you like to go to?
</font>

Obviously a leap was taken here. The seller of this device is claiming that the person is the right picture is a better psychic than the one on the left. Maybe it is true, but if we are funding scientests to figure out what it means, then we still are not convinced this camera is actually taking a picture of anything indicative of psychic powers.

Just like the people who think the poker sites have stacked the deck for the big stacks. People have a tendency to see some strange pattern and immediately make their own conclusions without enough information. "Astrology", "Psychic Powers", images of the Virgin Mary, and "RiverStars" all fall into this category.

This camera is obviously taking a picture of some physical phenomena, but what does this have to do with being psychic? How is this indicative of someone's ability to pick up subtle patterns everyone else misses? Some people are more perceptive than others, and most of these people can't explain why they picked something up, they just "had a feeling". I think the planets (in the sense of astrology) is just something to hang these unexplained perceptions on. The aura camera is the same thing, something random which the rest of us can witness, but can be the source of patterns which psychics can point to make us believe them.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:38 AM

Default Re: Are Astrology Devotees SubHuman?

YOU DIDN'T NOTE THE HALF MOONS SCARR.