Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2005, 04:12 PM

Default Re: Why choose Limit over No-Limit?

I'm glad that my success is amusing for you. It pleases me also.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's simple. I'm good at limit. I suck at no-limit.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-28-2005, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Now...
If you play 6 max NL, and want to make the 8-10 PTBB/100, there is no where else you will have more fun. Stealing pots, value betting second pair, making the big move on a scare card, coming over the top on a semi bluff, stealing blinds with nothing and then having to play the hand, and lastly delayed bluffs; calling a decent bet on the flop, knowing you have no chance of winning a showdown, just to come over the top on the turn, nothing better. NL is a fantastic game. If you don't want it to be boring, dont play it to be boring. Make good tactical moves, using strong applied aggression. dont just nut peddle. Do this, and its an awesome game.

[/ QUOTE ]
So the limit guys just have to get out of the kiddy pool and start making some moves?

Seriously, this is a big-time case of ESPN-itis. NL is not about gambling recklessly.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-28-2005, 06:15 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

if you think the opposite's true, then either you play big NL games where you have to think a lot more deeply than in limit, or you just don't understand limit and are one of those people that says "LIMIT SUX U CANT EVEN PROTECT UR HAND WTF"
Old 07-28-2005, 06:19 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

in an attempt to make a little more insightful post than the one that's linked here:

at this point I don't think I could learn to play a decent game of NL largely because of the river. in limit, if you suspect a bluff on the river, you can call with something like A high, figuring you'll win more than 1 in 10. in NL you have to be disciplined and fold. I'm curious by nature. I like to know what they have. I don't like to be bluffed. and any game where an overpair or TPTK isn't that strong doesn't seem too interesting to me.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:43 PM

Limit's my main game because there are lots more little edges to push than in limit.

I'm trying to learn a little more NL through tourneys though, but honestly I think I'm having more fun learning 5 draw and omaha. I think a little seven stud will do my limit game well too.

Specialize at your own risk.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you think the opposite's true, then either you play big NL games where you have to think a lot more deeply than in limit, or you just don't understand limit and are one of those people that says "LIMIT SUX U CANT EVEN PROTECT UR HAND WTF"

[/ QUOTE ]

Limit sucks because you can't only play pocket pairs and still make tons of money. :P
Old 07-28-2005, 06:49 PM

Default Re: What do you play gsdaddy?

[ QUOTE ]
I avg. 125 hands per hour and my bb/100 = 4.35 after 180k hands. Like I said above I play 2-4 handed 15-30 thru 30-60.

[/ QUOTE ] You average 125 hands an hour at 1 table? Even 2-4 handed, isn't that alot? Are they turbo tables?
Old 07-28-2005, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I avg. 125 hands per hour and my bb/100 = 4.35 after 180k hands. Like I said above I play 2-4 handed 15-30 thru 30-60.

[/ QUOTE ] You average 125 hands an hour at 1 table? Even 2-4 handed, isn't that alot? Are they turbo tables?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's not a lot. I get 100 hands a table 6handed.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:59 PM

I 4-table the six max games and I don't seem to get anywhere near 400 hands per hour, I think I usually see around 250, maybe 300. I haven't really timed it exactly, so maybe I'm off, but that just sounds high.