Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2005, 03:28 PM

Default TPTK and I\'m scared

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (14.33 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (11.16 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero...

The table was seeing 4-5 on each flop, but with relatively passive play. Villain is unknown.

I hate giving this up, but i also hate calling and getting three-bet behind me. What to do?
Old 04-26-2005, 03:32 PM

Default Re: TPTK and I\'m scared

Cap it preflop. Cap or not, I probably only check call this flop. I do the same on the turn, where you probably want a showdown, as long as another spaid doesn't fall, and your hand cannot really be protected.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:33 PM

Location: Somewhere between the Cask n Flagon and Green Monster

I may have missed something but I don't think anyone can 3 bet behind you. It looks like a set or maybe a flush, but I would call the turn and re-evaluate on the river.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:38 PM

Cap preflop. Check call the flop. Lead the turn and call the raise. Check call river.

Edit: Does anyone lead the river as Villain's hand is likely some pocket pair worse than Hero's, or less likely a chopping hand, or maybe even a worse ace. Perhaps he was trying to protect his hand and take a free showdown with something like KK?
Old 04-26-2005, 03:49 PM

I don't mind not capping pre-flop, oop.

I'm torn between check/call the flop, and betting.

Either way, I'm probably putting in 1 more raise on the turn.

What hands are you putting the villian on that you're behind? What would he 3 bet with?

I guess he could have a nine, but that's not likely. a 7 or 77 is less likely. TT and up, and AJs and up are all likely. He could also have 2 spades, but he hasn't really told me that yet.

I think your TPTK is most likely good on this hand, so I raise.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:04 PM

I think his three-bet pre-flop is the key here. I can't picture him 3-betting A9 or A7. He either has AKo just like you, but I'm thinking a big pair like KK.

His raise on the turn doesn't mean he has you. He could be testing to see if you hold an ace, or make you think he holds one.

At worst he has AKo and you chop, but I think your TPTK is good and I'm betting and raising to apply pressure.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate giving this up, but i also hate calling and getting three-bet behind me. What to do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who is going to 3-bet behind you? The button already knocked our MP 1 and 2. You'd be insane to fold TPTK in a pot this size. Show down your hand.

P.S. Cap preflop.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:21 PM

i think i suck playing AKo especially when it is UI, but with this passive of a table (cold calling), your TPTK probably isn't going to win the pot. it is already huge and you're out of position.

i guess maybe people are suggesting capping preflop because SSH says so, but i don't understand.

that said, i'm taking another shot at the turn. seeing as the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is already out, i think villain either has high PP or an Ace + overcard[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] offsuit.

Edit: [ QUOTE ]
Cap preflop. Check call the flop.

[/ QUOTE ] this i also don't understand.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:26 PM

I cap w/ AKo preflop. Seeing as how I missed the flop, I check to the preflop re-raiser. I'll call one bet back to me. I'm not sure about the turn.

&lt;/GRUNCHING&gt;
Old 04-26-2005, 06:07 PM

Maybe I should be more willing to cap AKo pre-flop, it seems like a popular strategy. So I bet the turn and got raised, do I continue?

Turn: (11.16 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

River: (15.16 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17.16 BB