Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2005, 12:16 AM

Default olsen twins to spend two weeks at neverland ranch

SB is SL-A-A, UTG is a fish, MP2 is a Mouse, button is a LAG after about 30 hands on each of them.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: secada is CO with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, secada calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, secada calls, Button calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, secada calls, Button calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds, secada?

Now what?

Hey thanks for the time.
Old 01-28-2005, 12:32 AM

Default Re: olsen twins to spend two weeks at neverland ranch

Your probably out kicked. I would fold this hand preflop with only two people calling ahead of me. Unless everyone was really loose passive. You really don't want to get raised preflop here. If you do get raised preflop, then your in a rough spot if you don't get your flush draw because there is a good chance your outkicked. I wouldn't check fold on the flop, thats too weak tight. Rather, I would check raise. If it was three bet. I would call looking to pair the six or make 4 to a straight. If I didn't get the 4 or the 6, I'd check fold. If the SB merely called my raise on the flop and then it checked around to me, then I'd figure I was in the lead, and I'd bet for value.
Old 01-28-2005, 01:12 AM

Love that title. Worked too.
Old 01-28-2005, 01:50 AM

I think a flop raise would have been a cheaper way to find out if you're good than a turn raise.

The only problem is that I've found that I'll raise the flop, then they'll call me downt to the river with AT and win with a bigger kicker. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

However, he'll also call you down with a pair of kings or something like that, so you should probably push to the river if he starts calling.

It looks like your kicker will play on this board, unless the 5 or the 3 pairs up.

On the turn, I don't know what you should do... it's hard to say now... really really hard. Wish I could help. I think it's really important to put in the flop raise here. Then if it's re-raised you can check-fold the turn unless it's two back to you on the flop (in which case, fold).

P.S. What a scandalous title! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2005, 10:44 AM

Thanks David.

I wanted to raise the flop but at the time I was thinking I already have a bet, and two callers, the pot is fairly big so no one is folding. But by just calling I am in bad shape for the rest of the hand unless it is checked to me on the turn. (Not likely).

I guess if I raise the flop based on the action after that I can just figure out then how to play the rest of the hand.

Hello everyone, am I missing anyhting else?