Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2004, 09:21 PM

Default A6o in the BB... how\'d I do?

This hand was pretty bizarre... I'd love to hear some opinions on it. Should I have bailed at some point? Been more aggressive?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds, MP3 folds.

River: (6.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 8.50 BB, between Hero and Button.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (8.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Ac 6s (one pair, sixes).
Button shows 5s Jd (one pair, fives).
Outcome: Hero wins 8.50 BB. </font>

My thinking was that on the flop, I have 2 overcards, a gutshot straight draw with a 3, and a backdoor straight draw if there's a runner runner 7 8. I can stick around for 1 small bet.

On the turn, I'm thinking I may have as many as 11 outs here possibly... 4 eights, 4 threes, 3 aces. Probably fewer good outs, but at 5.5 to 1 I can probably call.

On the river I've paired my 6... since the flop was all undercards to that, there's a slim chance that top pair or overcards was getting bet, and I might have the best hand. Very slim, I think, but for one more bet I'll find out.

Comments on all streets appreciated.
Old 09-02-2004, 05:26 AM

Default Re: A6o in the BB... how\'d I do?

is it a mad suggestion check-raising the flop? It may force out some ace overcards from EP/MP, even score you a free card to complete a straight if you don't spike an A or 3 on the turn...

Comments welcome,
Pete Harris
Old 09-02-2004, 11:54 AM

No, that's an interesting idea. It would probably be good to clean up some outs, and if the button is just betting his position, it could take the pot there (unlikely, but still a slim chance).
Old 09-02-2004, 12:57 PM

Potato,

Check-raising the flop is good because you could get a bigger Ace to fold.