Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 01:39 PM

Default What the TOC SHOULD be...

The WSOP should have a freeroll at the end of the tourney for anyone who won a bracelet that year, or even a larger tourney for everyone that made a final table. They can include the Circuits as well.

Or one big tourney to anyone who wants to show up who has EVER won a bracelet.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:50 PM

Default Re: What the TOC SHOULD be...

Bracelet winners + Circuit winners + ME final table + plus anyone who has won more than X bracelets lifetime, where X is some # greater than 1 (possibly 3) to insure that some legend types are always in the game.

I do think that allowing multiple bracelet winners in is the right thing to do. Look at what they do with golf. If you win the Masters, you get a 20 year exemption for future Masters. I think it is perfectly reasonable to have a trounament "of champions" that gives champions a fre shot each WSOP.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:01 PM

Eh, I don't know if it should recognize achievements of previous years... this means all of the multiple-bracelet winners get a freeroll for life in the TOC, which may or may not be fair. I think, at the very least, every bracelet winner from that year, plus the top X finishers of the circuit events and Y finishers Main Event (where Y > X) would work. Or maybe include every final tabler from the WSOP. In any event, I think it's absurd that bracelet winners (and double-winners like Seif) don't get invited, as well as as the top 20-50 of the Main Event. The 10th place of one of those 200-entry circuit events gets in, but 10th in the 5600-entry main event doesn't? Come on.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:10 PM

I just had a thought.... all final tables from every event that year, (as it is the 2006 TOC not all time etc).

But if you make more than one final table you get more chips... $10,000 in chips for every final table, so if you make 5 final tables you get $50,000 to start.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:15 PM

If you include all the bracelet winners that year, then who says they have to play NL Hold'em at the TOC? There'll be bracelet winner in Omaha, Stud, limit etc etc.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:20 PM

Some of those bracelet winners of yore may have won events with double-digit attendance.

Does anyone really believe one of the older bracelets is cooler than the newer ones?

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com