Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2005, 10:18 AM

Default Re: A7s gets ugly

Calling there looks like you're drawing, and you have no odds to draw to anything. I raise the flop, and fold the turn UI if 3bet.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:35 AM

I would raise the flop and check/fold the turn when it gets capped. Otherwise I would lead the turn myself, but fold to a check/raise.

This board isn't colored so someone who plays agressive on the flop is less likely to be on a draw, but he is likely to have a made hand (A better kicker, two pair, str8)
Old 05-02-2005, 11:25 AM

The flop seems a raise/fold situation. Calling is probably the worst option. If you decide to stick around, you need to protect your hand.

</GRUNCHING>
Old 05-02-2005, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would raise the flop and check/fold the turn when it gets capped. Otherwise I would lead the turn myself, but fold to a check/raise.

This board isn't colored so someone who plays agressive on the flop is less likely to be on a draw, but he is likely to have a made hand (A better kicker, two pair, str8)

[/ QUOTE ]

Has anyone considered raising PF, leading or raising the turn, and calling down the river? If now, why would this be a bad idea? AJ,AT,KQ are all behind you at this point right?
Old 05-02-2005, 11:49 AM

I wouldn't raise PF. If there were more opponents, I might.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the turn checkraise. You want to be knocking people out here, not trapping them for more bets. Bet out and hope someone raises behind you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the check/raise is good on the turn here only because you called the flop.

However, you should definitely raise the flop to knock people out of the hand.

On the turn when you make 2 pair, you are likely to have the best hand here since there was no pfr you are only really worried about JT (AK/AQ/KQ/AA-QQ would likely have raised preflop). If he reraised the flop I bet and call down if raised. If he called the flop raise I bet and 3-bet this on the turn.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone considered raising PF, leading or raising the turn, and calling down the river? If now, why would this be a bad idea? AJ,AT,KQ are all behind you at this point right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising here in the big blind would be a mistake imho. All of the players have shown that they are going to play this hand so they will likely call the raise. You don't have much of an edge yet so you are building a big pot that will likely be going to someone else. Saying you are ahead of AJ/AT/KQ is true when the 7 falls, but you are way behind AJ/AT preflop.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:05 PM

Sorry, I meant on the flop raising, not PF. Just reread my post? Sorry for the confusion!

And I meant ahead after the turn! I would raise the flop to see what I'm up against, and when the turn 7 hits I don't want to leave this hand.
Old 05-02-2005, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I meant on the flop raising, not PF. Just reread my post? Sorry for the confusion!

And I meant ahead after the turn! I would raise the flop to see what I'm up against, and when the turn 7 hits I don't want to leave this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

My advice was of course from the flop perspective. So from the flop perspective that would be my plan if I do not improve.
With this turncard, I'm betting out of course, instead of check/folding or stuff