Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2004, 03:33 PM

Default Re: Do you bet this river?

If you are not going to call a raise here then don't bet. My point was that I think my hand is going to be good enough of the time with this board against 2 players that I am not going to bet. If I am check-raised I am not going to sit there and think about folding.

Sorry if I am a little cranky, the Red Sox game ended after 2:00 a.m. last night.
Old 10-07-2004, 05:05 PM

Default **RESULTS**

[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

BB has bet out with middle pair and draws in a relatively tight game. SB is passive.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero ???

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the comments. Hero bets out on the river, SB called, BB check-raised, Hero folds, SB folds.

Do you think the call by SB makes BB more or less likely to bluff at this pot? I normally do not take the bet-fold line, but it felt okay here...
As for the flop raise(free card play), if I had the straight he must have figured I would have waited 'til the turn to raise?

P.S. I appreciate the "posting suggestions/guidelines" as I know I was guilty of giving away my attitude about hands in previous posts.
Old 10-07-2004, 05:12 PM

Default Re: Do you bet this river?

[ QUOTE ]
Raise on the flop hoping to see river free if you miss the turn is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in an unraised pot! You're spending too much for too little value. Yet another reason I like to raise pre-flop.