Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 04:25 AM

Default Re: The Frogs

[ QUOTE ]
What'd I tell you, Zeno. No humor here at all...

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

I posted the same 'joke' in OOT. My experiment went equally well over there also.

Time for another hiatus.

-Zeno
Old 12-15-2005, 04:36 AM

Thanks for the links, M. Interesting.

By the way. I purchased a book of poems translated by David Hinton called: The Selected Poems of Po Chü-I.

I am enjoying this work very much. I assume you know about this poet, if not look into his work. Reading his poems is a much more worthwhile expenditure of my time than, say, posting here. That is, unless John Cole shows up to explain everything ‘poetical’ to us lesser literary munchkins.

-Zeno
Old 12-15-2005, 04:56 AM

Copy of another e-mail I just receive for the humorless crowd that so infests this forum. Stay gloomy.

__________________________________________________ ______

As many are aware, the French government recently announced a rise in its terror alert level from "Run" to "Hide." The normal level is "General Arrogance," and the only two higher levels in France are "Surrender" and "Collaborate." The rise was precipitated by a recent
fire that destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively paralysing the country's military capability.

It's not only the French that are on a heightened level of alert. Italy has increased the alert level from "Shout Loudly and Excitedly" to "Elaborate Military Posturing." Two more levels remain:
"Ineffective Combat Operations" and "Change Sides."

The Germans also increased their alert state from "Disdain" to "Dress in Uniform and
Sing Marching Songs." They have two higher levels: "Invade a Neighbour" and "Lose."

Seeing this reaction in continental Europe, the Americans have gone from "Isolationism" to "Find Another Oil-rich Nation for Regime Change." Their remaining higher alert states are "Attack Random
Countries (Ideally Those Without Any Credible Military)" and "Beg the British for Help."

The British are also feeling the pinch in relation to recent bombings and have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved." Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross." Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940, when tea supplies all but ran out. Terrorists have been re-categorized from "Tiresome" to "Bloody Nuisance." The last time the British issued a "Bloody Nuisance" warning level was during the Great Fire of 1666.

-Zeno
Old 12-15-2005, 05:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Copy of another e-mail I just receive for the humorless crowd that so infests this forum. Stay gloomy.

__________________________________________________ ______

As many are aware, the French government recently announced a rise in its terror alert level from "Run" to "Hide." The normal level is "General Arrogance," and the only two higher levels in France are "Surrender" and "Collaborate." The rise was precipitated by a recent
fire that destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively paralysing the country's military capability.

It's not only the French that are on a heightened level of alert. Italy has increased the alert level from "Shout Loudly and Excitedly" to "Elaborate Military Posturing." Two more levels remain:
"Ineffective Combat Operations" and "Change Sides."

The Germans also increased their alert state from "Disdain" to "Dress in Uniform and
Sing Marching Songs." They have two higher levels: "Invade a Neighbour" and "Lose."

Seeing this reaction in continental Europe, the Americans have gone from "Isolationism" to "Find Another Oil-rich Nation for Regime Change." Their remaining higher alert states are "Attack Random
Countries (Ideally Those Without Any Credible Military)" and "Beg the British for Help."

The British are also feeling the pinch in relation to recent bombings and have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved." Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross." Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940, when tea supplies all but ran out. Terrorists have been re-categorized from "Tiresome" to "Bloody Nuisance." The last time the British issued a "Bloody Nuisance" warning level was during the Great Fire of 1666.

-Zeno

[/ QUOTE ]

Now these are funny to a Francophobe (or is it Francophile?).
Old 12-15-2005, 05:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Now these are funny to a Francophobe (or is it Francophile?).

[/ QUOTE ]
Depends on whether you like France or not.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:07 AM

Hate.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:28 AM

Default Applause

Much better, this caused me to laugh and imediately send it on to collegues.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:12 AM

Now this I like better.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:47 AM

Thanks, Zeno. I am not familiar with that poet by name, although I hold in very fond regard an old book (now sadly lost), which contains a compilation of Chinese poetry along with Chinese wood-block reprints of mountain scenes, gorges, rivers, etc. Perhaps some of Po Chu-I's poems are in that book. Come to think of it, I will now be searching for used copies of that book and for the book you recommend.

I am more familiar with Japanese haiku poets than with Chinese poets, and I really should read some more Chinese poetry. Thanks again for the recommendation.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:58 AM

Default Le Heil Hitler

[ QUOTE ]
You might enjoy this column (it mentions with relish the burning of French cars), or some other columns on his site.

http://www.takistopdrawer.us/2005/de...005-Dec-5.html

http://www.takistopdrawer.us/columnarchive.html

[/ QUOTE ]

Just so that it's clear :

Takis Theodoracopoulos expresses his admiration for Le Pen. And Le Pen is a neo-fascist and a racist.

Of course, you never can tell. There's no lowest point to this crowd's predilections.