Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2002, 05:24 PM

Default Already noted. My memory\'s a little cloudy. *NM*

Old 04-15-2002, 05:27 PM

Default Re: This is the Worst for real!!!

on a related note i played in a home game with two jokers that both counted as wild cards. I got dealt a joker and four 5's, for five of a kind. It was unlimited raises and after the draw i raised my opponent all in. He had drawn three cards to what looked like a pair. Unfortunately he drew to JJ and got Joker-J-J for five jacks. The worst part is that it was only his second time playing ever.

pat
Old 04-15-2002, 05:29 PM

Default but what about the - er - \"delicate\" part? *NM*

Old 04-15-2002, 07:27 PM

Default Re: Worst Bad Beat in Hold Em

You eat well, excersise, don't drink or smoke and the doctor tells you that you are in perfect health. While walking out of his office, you get hit by a bus and die, that would be a real bad beat. No matter how well you try to always do the right thing, or no matter how rosy things seem to be, there are time you just can't escape fate. Next hand please.
Old 04-16-2002, 01:02 AM

The worst bad beat I have ever witnessed happened to a friend of mine. He has QQ and it is capped preflop with 7 players.

The flop came Q44 and my friend who was the big blind simply bet out. It was capped on the flop. The turn was a 4. Again he bet out and got called in two spots. The river was a 4 and my friend checked. There was a bet and a call and my friend folded. Both of the remaining players had an ace...one had AK and the other A5.

I read the posts above and most of them are not what I would call a bad beat. When you opponent hits his over pair on the river, especially when there hasnt been a lot of action, this is not a bad beat. It is just something that happens. To me a bad beat is when somone hits something on the river that they should never have been in there for in the first place.
Old 04-16-2002, 01:13 AM

This 'type' of beat is doubtlessly the worst. I saw one of these about a week ago where the flop came 722, and the guy with pocket 7's lost to an A3o after the running deuces hit.

I've been victimized by this particular beat only twice, so in a sense I've been lucky, but I've also managed to lose with three str8 flushes (one of them flopped)... so I think it balances out.
Old 04-16-2002, 11:43 AM

http://catbirdtommy.com/PD%20archives/theworstbeatever.html

-------------

This is a link to the worst bad beat story I could make up. As usual it festered on my hard drive for a year or so before being published. And as usual, the story was mainly a vehicle to make some point or whatever. Then TJ publishes a magazine article at almost the same time that tells a similar story, except that his was true! So then I got accused of plagiarism and I'm like, wow, THAT'S a bad beat!

Tommy

Old 04-16-2002, 12:45 PM

Default That story makes me want to cry. *NM*

Old 04-16-2002, 01:37 PM

He published it in his NL holdem book too though. - virtually under the same title. (In fact, I think all of TJ's Card Player articles were originally published in his books) - that bad beat story is one of them, but I've only seen it once. Of course, that time TJ got the better end of it.

Now if I hear that "Big Texan" story one more time, I'm gonna go down there and start busting heads...LOL

RB
Old 04-16-2002, 01:45 PM

Default Theres also one in your head...

you lying sack of chit...