Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2002, 02:24 PM

Default I thought this was a friendly game

6-12HE

I’m in the BB and it gets folded to the SB (this is the SB 2nd or 3rd hand). I look toward the SB and say ‘do you want to chop?” He says “no play”. I look at my hole cards and see AsKs. I respond, “OK I raise then”. He gives me a nasty look and says, “I thought this was a friendly game”

The flop is K, rag, rag the turn and river are both rags. I bet all the way and he calls all bets. I show my cards, he mucks and continues to mumble crap about my betting into him. I simply said to him “I asked you to chop”. He continues to play grumpy as can be.

What does he expect? He said play!

RL

Old 04-19-2002, 03:30 PM

Default Re: I thought this was a friendly game

the low limit crowd really has some people with poor social skills.

brad
Old 04-19-2002, 03:49 PM

Pretty funny. I might have said something like,"Yeah, I chop because the BB is my lucky position. I never lose when I'm the BB and I feel guilty about it so I chop. Sorry you didn't know." But I'd probably just laugh to myself.
Old 04-19-2002, 05:54 PM

I was sitting next to this kid for a while, and he asked the guy to his left to chop with him. He said no, so he said "Alright, then I raise." The flop came whatever, bet call. Turn: bet, raise, re-raise, call. River: bet, raise . . .he looks at his cards, he shows them to me (63o) and he says, "That was smart, huh. . ."

In other words, when someone says they don't chop, it's not a good idea to "show them what happens when you don't chop with ___." Well, maybe it's not a bad idea against some people.