Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses

Old 08-19-2005, 05:19 PM

Default Re: My Experience at Hollywood Poker (PokerRoom) thus far

[ QUOTE ]
Titans, thanks for the heads-up, I'll definitely check this out. I'm kinda curious if there's any terms (like: you can't w/d until you're done), or stuff like that. Otherwise this is worth just a quick deposit and withdrawl, to leave it waiting for me. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
No idea if you can do this or not. I would just send them an email and ask them because you will never find it on their site.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'd also like to note that you have to sit out to get more chips to put on the table... this could result in missing a hand or something like that. Kinda gay!

[/ QUOTE ]

If your fast, you can fold and sit out then hit chips, add chips, then sit in, you can do it mid hand, just have to be fast. Also, this site software allows you to remove "extra" $ when adjusting your $, if you hot chips and request $100, your total will be $100 not $100+what was there, not consistant with table stakes rules, but you may as well know what the software allows.

tobdog
Old 08-19-2005, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If your fast, you can fold and sit out then hit chips, add chips, then sit in, you can do it mid hand, just have to be fast. Also, this site software allows you to remove "extra" $ when adjusting your $, if you hot chips and request $100, your total will be $100 not $100+what was there, not consistant with table stakes rules, but you may as well know what the software allows.

tobdog

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I just figured that out... weird.

However, "house rules" are "the rules", and we just adjust to them expertly, so it's not a big deal.

I'm mildly curious if this is permissable in their NLHE tables. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The notepad thing does work for gt+ movements, but I haven't had 100% success with it, and I've had none at all with trying to alt-table and then move the stats windows...

However, the new ver of GT+ is found here:

link

(Thanks, smartalec!).

and it works beautifully.

--------

Trying something at the NLHE games:

Sat with max buy.

Played some hands and lost some cash. (my blinds, but still...)

Tried rebuying for less than max: didn't work... I couldn't rebuy for less than what I had on the table, nor more than the max buy.

Something neat, though... if you're up money (I got two pair a few hands after this), you can cash out to the max buy at the table, leaving just $25 on a $25 NLHE table, for example. Kinda neat. Actually, I lied... it SAID that you could do that... I just tested it out, and it doesn't let you rebuy with less than your stack.

NLHE slider works fine, and you can type in your bet which is good. But I'm a little afraid of the enter key when I'm doing this... actually enter key doesn't do anything, thank G-d, but it might, if I hadn't enabled the keyboard.

The NLHE table that I sat at was filled with really slow players... it was horrible. Maybe it was just because I was single-tabling that I noticed, but it seemed a lot slower than party's games.

----

OOC, does anyone know why the GT stats always show up in the wrong places?
Old 08-20-2005, 12:30 AM

A couple more things:

1) If the big blind leaves and the small blind remains at the end of a hand, the small blind becomes teh button, as normal. The person who would have had to post the BB, though, still posts the BB, and there's no SB in the hand. The next hand, the button stays where it is, and two blinds are posted. The next hand, the button moves as normal.

(There's a "dead small blind".)

2) You can't join the waiting list while viewing a table, afaik. An unfortunate thing happens when someone sits in a seat but doesn't "sit in" the game (they buy some chips but don't tell the software to post their blinds, etc.). In the lobby, it appears that the table isn't full, and you can't join the wait list. When you go to the table, the seats are full, but someone is greyed out. It therefore takes longer to get a table. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2005, 07:03 AM

the bonus looks pretty good from a tournament players standpoint. it's making me give some serious thought to trying this site instead of full tilt as i had planned.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:45 AM

Nice report, David. From one nit to another, I appreciate people who pass along all the little details of these sites; most people won't care about most of them, but a lot of people will be interested to know some of them.

I was thinking of signing up for PokerRoom because of the deposit bonuses, but it looks like clearing it would be the poker equivalent of the Bataan death march.
Old 08-20-2005, 11:22 AM

Anyone have a way to make the graphis not so hard on my eyes. I had a killer headache after 30minutes.

BTW does the bouns count aggainst from MGR?
Old 08-22-2005, 03:45 PM

Ive had one of the worse runs of my life, since I started playing here. NL 25 tables have alot of cold callers, who seem to get very lucky against me. Some of it is my fault by not letting aa or kk go when re-raised after the flop. Lot of money to be made if you know when to fold them. reloading and going to try again tonight. Just cant believe some of the beats im taking. I know the run has to change eventually lol. Also folded a royal yesterday. Guy from early position raises to 2 bucks, I have aj of hearts and fold. Fop is KQ10 hearts. That was enough to put me on tilt. I find it hard to read the names and money amounts of other players at the table. Also Red backed cards on Red table isn't real smart. I like the front page support help. They also respond pretty quickly in the green room. Well that my two cents, and my your luck be better than mine if playing here.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:47 PM

Weak weak and weaker.... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-23-2005, 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also folded a royal yesterday. Guy from early position raises to 2 bucks, I have aj of hearts and fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, this looks like a good fold to me. I'm not sure how many royals I've folded in my life, but I'd estimate it's somewhere between zero and lots. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I too have been running bad at this site, though. I haven't been playing much, though... Over 1,831 hands (at limits between 1/2 and 3/6) I've lost $109, or -1.69bb/100.

Hmm... something weird about PT: If I go into my session notes tab, it says that at 2/4 average pot was 24, but in the summaries tab, it says that it was 27, average saw flop is 30.05 in both tabs.

I've found that red cards on a red table isn't really that hare to deal with, but I've opted to use the four-colour deck, because I want less chance of GT painting over cards and me not being able to read them (this happened before I upgraded GT+ to allow me to move around the stats).

So, one more update on the points front:

1831 hands (sorry about the mix of 1/2 and 3/6, as this is going to produce some "unique" and therefore "useless" results):

1051 points: 0.574 points per hand.

Meaning at 240 hph, you're going to get about 9.76/hr in bonus + rakeback (adjusted for mgr).

-------------

Jessica has been polite enough to respond to my somewhat less-than-subtle hints (Edit: in this thread) about wondering about her team's operating times in a private email (Edit: that she sent me). I'm going to quote a bit of it, since I think it reflects positively on them.

[ QUOTE ]
Hey David,

Hope you are well.

A little bird tells me you'd like to know our opening times. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

We tend to cover about 18 hours a day and this can vary depending on whos on the shift [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

But we are usually available between 3am ET to 9pm ET.

Our email policy is simple...if we're in the office we'll get back to you within 15 minutes. Otherwise we'll get to it as soon as we can on our return.

If you don't hear from us for any extended period it will never be because we are ignoring you, more likely that we are in transit (as was the case for your silent period when we were traveling to Scotland).

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, I have gotten a message from them with the application form for method of payment, but I haven't replied to that yet, which is kinda embarassing, since I've been such a nit so far. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

As soon as they see that the poker room has acknowledged that you've stared to pay rake, and they can track you, they send a confirmation, which is pretty neat.

At the top of their form to fill out for rakeback payment info, it clearly states "Forms must be received by 23rd of the month to enable rakeback to be credited for that calendar month.", which is fair.

I asked two questions about their policies just to make sure that they were consistent with other affilliates:

Rakeback is calculated by Calendar month, so if you sign up on the 20th you get about 10 days of rakeback. Amounts less than $50 roll into next month. Standard for the industry I think.

And the accounts department did contact me within 24 hours, as I was told they would.

--Dave.

-------------------

Actually, a few more things about the client software:

1) No swearing filter. Kinda neat. It's like they assume we're adults or something. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

2) Something weird happened. I'm not sure how exactly this happened, but someone must have sat out or something at a weird point during a button move, because I was able to play a free hand in the UTG without posting a blind when I first sat at the table! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Kinda funny.

As long as I don't notice people taking advantage of this all the time, I won't report it, as anything that reduces blinds is good for the tighter players.

-----------

Last night at about 2am eastern (monday evening/tuesday morning), I opened 5 tables, and only one of them was playable (with my style). The rest had vpips between 25 and 20.

Kinda sad, but it was a monday after all. My time of the week selection has been really rotten for this site so far, probably giving it a worse rap than it deserves.

I think Party, by comparison, was reasonably playable during this time, but I'm not sure (it was bonus whoring week there, too).

-------------------

Edit: It seems to have a quite playable 25/50 game going right now, but there's no way that i can play in it! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]