Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2001, 02:25 PM

Default Vince, I Need Your Advice

I’m average. When I date women I found that if I can impress them by how much money I spend on them, I get them in the sack a lot. I found that if I’m a cheapskate it doesn’t get me very far and if a woman doesn’t want me to spend money on her I will never get in the sack with her. This makes me feel like I’m buying a whore. I don’t want a whore or the palm sisters but man does not live by bread alone if you know what I mean. Got any advice?
Old 08-24-2001, 07:16 PM

Default Re: Vince, I Need Your Advice

"Got any advice? "

I take it that this is a joke. But what the hell I'll answer it anyway. If I were to take out a women and spend a lot of money having a good time with her and she graced my sack with her presence I would consider myself fortunate. If I were to take out a women and spend a lot of money having a good time with her and she didn't jump into bed with me I would consider myself fortunate. If I were to take out a woman and spend a lot of money having a horrible time with her I wouldn't ask her out again.

I don't call women "whores". I have never been to a prostitute. I have a great deal of respect for the human condition and a bit more for females than males. I am not saying that I would not go to a prostitute if I thought that the woman was healthy, both physically and mentally, and working as a professional by her own choice. I just don't think that happens very often and I have no way of knowing if that is the case anyway. So I doubt if I will ever use a prostitutes service(s). Consequently, if I spend a lot of money taking a women out and have a bit o hay with her I cannot feel as if I am with a prostitute because I have never been with a prostitute abd have nothing with which to compare my experience. Hope that helps.

Vince
Old 08-25-2001, 12:02 AM

Default My 2 cents (long)

Wow, an interesting question(I think a question is in there). Here's my two cents. There's nothing wrong with spending a lot of money on a woman when going out on a date. There's also nothing wrong with not spending a lot of money when going out on a date. (Although I do not recommend carrying a tray when dinning out). Here's what you need to ask yourself. How do you feel afterwards in the 4 following scenarios.

1. You pay a lot of money on an evening and sex occurs. 2. You pay a lot of money and take a "cold shower" 3. You dont pay a lot of money and sex occurs. 4. You dont pay a lot of and take a "cold shower"

Ask yourself what you are looking for. Are you looking to establish a meaningful relationship? Are you just looking for physical pleasure? When you state that you pay a lot on a date, are you still spending within your means? Are you spending a lot because you feel as though that's the only way to impress her? My feeling is that your post indicates that the answers are no and yes to these two questions. I may be mistaken, but that's the impression your post gave me. I understand you didnt ask for my opinion. I'm not sure if it is my place to answer. If it wasnt, I apologize.

P.S. When I was in my early 20s, I thought the same way. When I was in my mid to late 20s I learned that if pretending to be something I wasnt was the only way to meet a woman, than the relationship would be doomed to fail. Find someone who shares your similar views on a relationship. If all you want is sex, than find a woman who is only interested in you for sex (or the money you spend on her). If you want a meaningfull relationship, than find someone who is looking for a meaningfull relationship.
Old 08-25-2001, 08:52 AM

Default Re: My 2 cents (long)

" I understand you didnt ask for my opinion. I'm not sure if it is my place to answer. If it wasnt, I apologize."

This is an open forum. All opinions are welcomed here on any subject, on any post. If someone wants an answer from only one specific person please find another way to ask that person. On this forum everyone is a participant, welcomed and encouraged to jump in and say what they please. God knows I do!

Vince
Old 08-25-2001, 12:35 PM

Default Re: My 2 cents (long)

I didn't mean that I scored on my first date all the time just by spending money. It takes usually at least several. Your questions are

1. You pay a lot of money on an evening and sex occurs.

I feel good about it.

2. You pay a lot of money and take a "cold shower"

In this case I feel good mostly. I go out with women who I enjoy being with.

3. You dont pay a lot of money and sex occurs.

A rarity. Hopefully good.

4. You dont pay a lot of and take a "cold shower"

Usually good.

A chauvinist pig is probably what everyone thinks but why would I want to date someone that I didn't think was sexy? The thing that's bothersome to me is the part where it seems that I have to spend money over time to get in the sack. I mean if I spend money over time and it doesn't work out that isn't bad really because I've had a good time most of the time. Almost every women I meet seems to want a meaningful relationship but from what I've seen it won't happen if I come across as a cheapskate.