Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2002, 05:26 AM

Default HISTORIC! Cohan971Wearing Down QuadNines on RGP!

Veterans of the 2+2 forum probably remember Mark Glover. Newcomers may want to check the archives. Let it be said that Mark Glover the one and only person who has ever footnoted something I wrote and for that I will be forever thankful.

Anyway, the person/persons who used to post as Mark Glover on this forum now post as QuadNines on RGP. The most recent thread titled “Sklansky’s CARDPLAYER Errors” started by QuadNines@hotmail.com on 3/26/2002 at 4:23PM continues on and on and on.

If you want to learn about Mark Glover (a..k.a QuadNines) it is a great thread (pardon me, I should say “interesting”, not “great”). There are responses by David Sklansky, Daniel Negreanu, skp, Badger, Barry Shulman, and our own Vince Lepore among others.

I was the first guy to respond in the post but was worn down easily by QuadNines/Mark and left the battle to fight another day. But there is a new hero named Cohan971@yahoo.com fighting the good fight and he actually appears to be winning the argument in defense of Sklansky’s last column in CardPlayer on points, although QuadNines could still deliver a knockout blow any minute. In any event, I didn’t think it could be done.

Anyway, use your newsreader or Google to check out the thread. I tried to be careful with the spelling above so you won’t have any problems finding the thread on the newsgroup rec.gambling.poker using Google’s Newsgroup Power Search.

Regards,

Rick