Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2002, 09:34 PM

Default Sponsorship Deals

Kind of cool, it looks like some of the on-line poker sites are starting to do sponsorship deals. Paradise Poker has hooked up with Randy Holland. I think WSEX has Josh Ariel on board. It will be interesting to see where this goes. It's good to see the online sites recognizing the potential. Just thought I would post something about it because it's something new & hopefully just in the beginning stages.

Erik Seidel
Old 04-22-2002, 10:23 PM

Default Re: Sponsorship Deals

how about posting a hand???pleeeeeeze ..tia
Old 04-22-2002, 11:33 PM

I would think it is cool also if I was in line to get a sponsorship deal...lol. Good luck this year at WSOP.

Swiss Cheese
Old 04-23-2002, 10:53 AM

Default Do they promise sponsees\'ll only play OTHER sites? *NM*

Old 04-24-2002, 11:27 AM

So what's the nature of the sponsorship deal, Erik? Does PP pay Randy to wear PP-logo clothing, or does he play at PP, or...

Thanks - and it's really good to have your participation here.

Regards, Lee
Old 04-25-2002, 12:55 AM

I'm not sure what the deal is exactly. I think Paradise is paying the players when/if they reach a final table & then paying a premium if they win. Maybe there is an additional bonus if you are the most successful PP sponsored player as well. The good thing is it's something of a breakthrough for players to be getting sponsorship money & I think it's good value for the sites as well. -Erik
Old 04-25-2002, 01:25 PM

Indeed - that is a good first step.

The truly exciting step will be when/if a company steps forward and tosses extra money into the prize pool, to be gained by whomever gets there.

Regards, Lee
Old 04-27-2002, 03:56 PM

Default Can this be far off?

"We've got with us Joe Smith, who has just won the McDonald's World Series of Poker. Joe, how did you manage to win?"

"Well, I had the whole Team Pepsi behind me on the whole way. The Hooters waitresses kept the drinks coming, and the Dodge dealers did an outstanding job keeping the action under control. And we got a good break when the Bicycle Playing Cards gave us those Aces at just the right time".