Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 01:53 AM

Default 20/40 value river bet ?

20/40 at borgata im utg with 2 black queens i raise....guy next to me whose not a great player and kind of passive preflop makes it 3 bets....everyone else folds flop comes A A 3 rainbow. I check/call flop turn is a 6, still no flush draw on board. I c/r turn he calls rivers a 5, I check....how did i do ? results to follow
Old 11-17-2005, 02:03 AM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"
Default Re: 20/40 value river bet ?

If your not going to value bet the river, what was the
turn raise for?
Old 11-17-2005, 02:15 AM

either bet the turn or check call followed by a river bet. The c/r doesn't really serve a purpose if you were gonna shut down if called.

-DrG
Old 11-17-2005, 06:49 AM

I really dont see what the turn checkraise accomplishes, Lets make the assumption that the villain will only 3 bet you with TT's and up, and AK. Given this range you are a 7-6 underdog to have the best hand, so this certainly cant be a checkraise for value. A checkraise may make sense if you think the villain will fold KK, but based on your description of him, I highly doubt he will. On the turn you basically have two choices, check and call, or bet and fold to a raise. If you think the villain will never raise you with a hand you can beat, then the bet/fold line is best, if you are unsure or you simply dont know the villain that well, then check and call all the way unless you improve.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:25 PM

I c/r the turn simply because I thought I had the best hand. I stalled on the river because it was still possible he could have AA AK or AQs. Thinking it thru again I probably should have bet the river and fold to a raise.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I c/r the turn simply because I thought I had the best hand. I stalled on the river because it was still possible he could have AA AK or AQs.

[/ QUOTE ]

These two statements (and their corresponding actions) contradict each other, which is basically what the others are saying.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:24 PM

Default Results

So I checked the river and my opponent checked behind, he tabled 1010.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If your not going to value bet the river, what was the
turn raise for?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Do you think you're going to pacify an A with taht line? I just don't see how this line doesn't lost the most to an A while winning not much from a lower pocket pair.

I'd be inclined ot either checkraise the flop and bet until I see resistance (and then decide) or take your line and bet the river.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:26 PM

cap preflop.

bet flop, call down or continue to bet unopposed (unless you have a passive passive read on villian.)

Barron