Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 04:25 PM

Default Re: 10 Table NL 2000 on Party to reduce variance

Sure it is an aquired skill. I worked my way up from 4.....Now I sometimes play 13 if I feel like it. Depends on my mood and wether I am having a winning session.

My monitor setup includes 2 Dell 24" widscreens and a laptop monitor. Nothing special, alot of screen real estate though. Minimal overlap but I do not mind.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are totally Phallusy.

[/ QUOTE ]

goood call....
Old 11-08-2005, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Both of you guys and VanVeen cough up how you do this, especially the 13-tabler. How do you handle it when you have four simultaneous hands that require playing? How do you handle the repetitive motion trauma? I am really interested.

[/ QUOTE ]4 simultaneous? then I make quicker decisions! Repetitive motion trauma what? I only play for like 2-3 hour MAX sessions usually when I 8-9table.

[ QUOTE ]
Can you post your monitor setup? I have twin Samusung 213T's and lay four tables across the top with PokerOffice boxes underneath each. I take it you instead use a PT heads-up display? Or do you use four monitors? If you use four monitors, what type of rack do you use?

[/ QUOTE ]I have two monitors, but I don't even like putting 4 on each, I prefer just putting them all on one monitor with overlap and I don't user pokertracker really.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You do it by unknownly playing basic and slowly all decisions merge to looking the same, fine details dissappear, constructive complete thoughts get replaced by 'i have trips i have to call'. Eventually your game becomes worse than it was 6 months ago but you also have the fun of looking forward to the time you get to tilt off stacks when you time out of you $1000 pot with top set.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every starts off well when super multi-tabling because it's fun and rewarding. Then it gets old and hard and then your play and results suffer.

My limit holdem game was traumatized by 10 tabling for a while.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:55 PM

i once caught a fish thiiiiiiiiiis big...
Old 11-08-2005, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

I like playing Phallusy.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:33 PM

Matt,

4-table bigger games, lose the HUD. It's not worth the aggravation multi-tabling more than that. These kids are young, they are all about text messaging and video games and what not. We old folks should stick to 4.

I've 8-tabled before just to try it out and I didn't have much problem with it, I just found that it was hard to be really creative and the poker was much less fun.

The 10+ table stuff doesn't impress me. What does is Prahlad and GoG playing 3 or 4 50-100 HU tables, sometimes vs. different opponents. I've seen Pra playing even more than that, but 3 or 4 HU 50-100 is very standard for these guys. Sick.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

I like playing Phallusy.

[/ QUOTE ]

You people are so mean.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:36 PM

Don't say this:

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe one day you too can play at all my tables. I just dont recommend it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then pussy out like this:

[ QUOTE ]
No that is not my SN and I would prefer not to say what it is.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-08-2005, 10:24 PM

I went through a stretch where I tried this, playing 10 or more tables and it was using 4 21 inch monitors running at 1600x1200 res, all side by side, using Pokerview for HUD the pt stats on the table itself. That took up 3 monitors, the fourth was usually 2+2, email, im, etc. Obviously I've been both multitable and using computers in this configuation for years. I already had this setup for working in my development environment. It's quite profitible but boring as all hell, grinding to the ultimate extreme. If you are playing very tight, you'd be surprised how seldom you wind up with decisions on more than 2 tables at the same time, it really doesn't happen that often and if like me some of your tables were Pokerstars, the extra time on those tables was usually sufficient.