Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 10:32 PM

Default Mom\'s cell phone bill

My mother has been on a basic cell phone with Cingular for over 2 years. She recently came out to CA to visit me and also some friends in LA. When she got home she got a cell phone bill for $520 which she can in no way afford.

She thought she was on a national plan and wasnt and got hit with insane roaming and long distance charges. All plans Cingular currently offiers are national coverage from what I can tell. I told her call them and see if they could switch her to the national plan as of last month if she signed a new contract (she is not under contract), she didnt do this but she did talk to them and they offered to take off $175 from the bill and told her she has been on the wrong plan for months.

I told her not to take this and if they wont help her out I would pay the bill and set her up with Verizon. Is this reasonable advice?
Old 10-24-2005, 10:59 PM

Default Re: Mom\'s cell phone bill

Honestly it makes me feel so good when I read about someone helping out their parents. Maybe it is because mine are loaded and the only help they ever need is replacing the poland spring bottle on the water cooler.

ZZzzZZzzZZzz
Old 10-24-2005, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I told her not to take this and if they wont help her out I would pay the bill and set her up with Verizon. Is this reasonable advice?

[/ QUOTE ]

Very reasonable advice, but make sure you tell the part about switching over to Verizon to the Cingular folks as well. Maybe that'll make them budge.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Very reasonable advice, but make sure you tell the part about switching over to Verizon to the Cingular folks as well. Maybe that'll make them budge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats exactly the key and she did that and it worked, they knocked $380 off the bill and kept her as a customer. Hooray for happy endings.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:19 PM

You, sir, are a mensch.
[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

If you can't get satisfaction from the bastards at Cingular, advertise the hell out of your story.
Here and everyone you know, or even see, with a cell phone.

The fact they told her she'd been on the "wrong" plan is the height of BS.
[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

oooops. too late. but I'll leave this intact