Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Group 2 - Four vs. Five
The Road Warrior (4) 81 46.29%
Beverly Hills Cop (5) 94 53.71%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2005, 02:13 PM

Default Re: Is this bad etiquette?

If the recreational player is good for the game and I assume that he is and He is a nice guy, why in the hell would you not show him your aces immediately? Do you want him to rebuy and stay in the game or get his feelings hurt and go play slots?

I hope he left and got replaced by a really good player or a tight ass table coach that kills the action for everybody.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:19 PM

I am going to say no because you were behind. In the OP the guy that didn't show was ahead the whole way. I don't think anyone is going to be upset if you don't flip up a hand that is behind.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:46 PM

I'm sorry, but in a NL ring game, you are not required to turn your hands face-up before the river, like you are in a tournament. This is not a slow-roll.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:39 PM

In this game, he should turn them up - Primarily because of who he is in the hand against and the size of the game.

If the game were bigger, or the participants pros, there is no reason for him to turn them up until he knows they're good.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He doesnt have to show. No bad eddiquitte there....

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't people understand what etiquette is? If someone is merging into traffic right next to you and you don't slow down or speed up to let him in, that is poor etiquette. You don't have to slow down or speed up, so it isn't illegal, but it is still poor etiquette.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks you. Almost every response in this thread has been "he doesn't have to, he doesn't have to, he doesn't have to". No one asked if he had to; that has nothing at all to do with the original post. The question comes down to whether the guy was being a bit of a dick and I think the answer is yes. I really don't think it's a big secret that you call all-in with AA.

SpaceAce
Old 10-21-2005, 04:41 PM

IMO, only nits don't show in that spot. I just flip 'em up there. I don't care whether I have a made hand or draw or whether I'm ahead or behind. I feel it just helps keep a fun, lively atttiude for the game, which usually tends to make them better.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What bothered me is that seat 6 is a very loose recreational player who also seems to be a real nice guy. To keep the game fun I think it's best to show right away given aces were a mile ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

It astonishes me that anyone would think otherwise.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In this game, he should turn them up - Primarily because of who he is in the hand against and the size of the game.

If the game were bigger, or the participants pros, there is no reason for him to turn them up until he knows they're good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this 99%. The missing one percent is because I think even in a situation where it's tough pro against tough pro in a big game sometimes it's a good idea to give away a little now and then. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

~ Rick