Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2005, 11:56 AM

Default Re: Question to Raptor

"My question is, are you averaging 10.6 SNGs an hour?"

5.6 is fine for just playing in sets, but definately low if you always have 4 running, so I'm guessing you only play sets. How does he average so many?? He always has 8 running, I also think his average is about 12???

When I was 4tabling I was getting around 6.5 an hour.
Old 04-04-2005, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My question is, are you averaging 10.6 SNGs an hour?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's averaging quite a bit more than 10.6. Remember, he plays them continuously and doesn't take breaks.

Also, just wait until he's 12 tabling them, [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. We'll be seeing 'I played 6k STTs this month' posts...

Yugoslav
Old 04-04-2005, 01:42 PM

well, i keep 8 running continuously, so i get in around 13 or 14 per hour. im too money hungry right now to take breaks, so i just kinda keep on chuggin. in like 2 days my setup should arrive and i figure i could almost get in 20 per hour if i run them continuously [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] 3uo
Old 04-04-2005, 01:46 PM

Default Re: Potential $ at the Party $55 SNGs

ok, heres my gorilla math for 3k a day. 4 tabling that would be nigh impossible. i THINK that eventually, i should be able to hit that 12 tabling. if i work at it, i believe that i could MAYBE hit a 10% roi. with an average of 28% rakeback, lets assume i play 16 tables per hour.

thats 67.20 in rakeback per hour. with my 10% roi, i could be making 344 per hour. soooo, about 411.20 per hour. therefore, i need only to play 7.3 hours per day to hit 3k a day. easy enough right? bwahahahaha
Old 04-04-2005, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well, i keep 8 running continuously, so i get in around 13 or 14 per hour. im too money hungry right now to take breaks, so i just kinda keep on chuggin. in like 2 days my setup should arrive and i figure i could almost get in 20 per hour if i run them continuously [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] 3uo

[/ QUOTE ]

what level do you plan on playing in with the new setup?
Old 04-04-2005, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well, i keep 8 running continuously, so i get in around 13 or 14 per hour. im too money hungry right now to take breaks, so i just kinda keep on chuggin. in like 2 days my setup should arrive and i figure i could almost get in 20 per hour if i run them continuously 3uo

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you use a program to enter new games? I would guess montioring the lobby for open games, etc. could get cumbersome when playing > 8 tables (I struggled with this 8-tabling).
Old 04-04-2005, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And yes, you want to move up. Eventually to $215...

[/ QUOTE ]

As you move up, you will encounter better players, resulting in the lower ROI/ITM. If you are playing solely for $ profit, would you still want to move up? Of course, I would like nothing better than to be playing at $215 level but that is only because playing at that level would prove to myself and maybe others that I am a competent player (or maybe a pro!) capable of playing and handling the $215 level. In terms of money to be made, I think it will be harder to make a decent profit.

So, what is the reasoning behind "moving up" when you have a sufficient bankroll when it will just result in lower ROI and ITM?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good attitude!
Lower ROI, but still more efficient. A guy I know who's making avg $3K a day playing $215 4 tables. Yes, lower ROI, but you get prestige of being a tournament board leader and less time grinding.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? I have a really hard time believing this unless he's been incredibly lucky or plays a gazillion SNG's a day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes 3K is high range, low range is 2K. And I failed to mentioned it's 4 tables of 200+15 and 3/60 ring games.

Do the math!
Old 04-04-2005, 01:59 PM

the day i get my new monitors in, ill be 12 tabling the 55s. probably do that for a few days, then jump back up to the 109s. yesterday i played the 215s with minor success, so maybe eventually ill 12 table those..
Old 04-04-2005, 02:01 PM

nah, i dont use a proggy for joining games. its never been a problem for me to multitask, and i can easily record my results in aleos spreadsheet, join a new game, and keep the other 7 sngs running smoothly while doing the laundry. i also like to exercise some seat selection at the 109s. if i recognize a player who doesnt steal the blinds, i can sneak into their left. or if i see a somewhat solid player thats tight in the BB, i can sit to their right and have free steals. 3uo
Old 04-04-2005, 02:17 PM

With 10% ROI, 28% rakeback you'd need to play 224 $109s a day to make $3k. That 14 hrs of work, not 7 [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]