Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: 7 vs. 10
Lynyrd Skynyrd 74 54.41%
Beach Boys 62 45.59%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2005, 09:46 AM

Default Are the skins really full of sharks?

Post in this thread if you play 1/2 or 2/4 6max at Party skins. Please mention which stakes you play. Particularly at 2/4, there are fairly few regulars and we play against the same people every day. I think there is maybe one person or two people who I don't like to sit at their table. I'm thinking all of the sharks have actually abandoned skins to go back to Party.

Edit: I suck. The poll is supposed to mean "True, I play at Skins" and "False, I play 1/2 6max elsewhere." or "False, I play 2/4 6max elsewhere." Or "Just show me results because I don't play 1/2 or 2/4." Sorry that wasn't clear. I really don't need to know that you don't play 2/4 6max because you're busy crushing the 10/20. This is a poll about the skins.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:05 AM

Default Re: Are the skins really full of sharks?

With some table selection, I must say there is good opportunies at the Skins to.

The tables are to few for only playing at the skins, but if you have a backup site it's no problem to play there.

PS. Nice that you had an option like "Just show me the results".. It's to often that polls get corrupted because OP did not give such options.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:05 AM

They aren't full of sharks but they aren't full of fish, either. Most players in these games are mediocre and have exploitable weaknesses but will not just spew chips like the total fish on Party. There are a lot fewer maniacs, too, and I suspect that will only get worse as they're all obvious, the player pool is small, and there are a higher percentage of people paying attention.

I think the Party split shifted a lot of small winners in these games into small donators. The best players will still win the most but it won't be as much as pre-split. The small donators will either move down or move back to Party once they realize they aren't just running bad. I've seen quite a few people from the pre-split 2/4 in the post-split 1/2, for example.

I am unsure as to what the equilibrium point is for the skins but I expect the games will get much worse before they get better. The skins will need to start proactively marketing themselves to the general public or they run the risk of losing all the customers they have (a fairly large percentage of which are the high-volume multitablers who left Party for rakeback and will probably come to the conclusion that, even without rakeback, Party is more proftiable than the post-split skin network). It will take time for the skins to attract enough casual players to sustain the games for a long period of time.

Just my $.02
Old 10-24-2005, 10:11 AM

Nice post. I made this post because I have had similar thoughts recently. Also the 2/4 is now closer to running 3-6 tables at a time than the 6-10 it had been running. It is starting to suck mainly because it is boring to play the same people every day. Not really because they are good, though, hence the poll. It seems like only a few people are sticking around, but those few people are not necessarily sharks. My tables often seem to have:
0-1 40/25
0-1 50/5
2-4 35/10
1 25/12 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2005, 10:30 AM

Whats wrong with 25/12? Is it bad to be a TAG in nl400 game?
Old 10-24-2005, 10:37 AM

Umm...that's me.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:37 AM

Lol
Old 10-24-2005, 10:41 AM

Tha sad thing for me is that I play 3/6, in the beginning there was always 2-3 tables open, now more often than not there is 1 or no table open, I will have to check it. When there was some open tables the play was similar to an average party table for me.

In a related topic, how are the games et stars compared to party ? I havent played there for a long time, but I was checking the flop average last night and the games seem to be better now in 2/4 and 3/6 at least.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:44 AM

I've never played at stars, so I don't know. I think 3/6 has always been crappy table selection, though. Just move up to 5/10 dude.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:51 AM

Ive played 1/2 at both party and the skins since they seperated, although not much at the skins, but party seems much looser.

Just curious, but what are your reasons for still playing at the skins TWP? Just the RB?