Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2005, 12:50 AM

Default Question on Calling Pot odds that can eliminate you?

I was playing earlier and came across a hand where I had a 4-flush on the flop early in the tournament. The pot was already 1500 and I had 500 in chips left. The guys puts me all in for my last 500 leaving me with exactly 4:1 odds to call. Now if im sure that the flush will win the hand, is it correct to make this call even if I don't hit it will bust me out of the tourney?

Even take this one step up to higher stakes...say you are in a large MTT and faced with a similar situation with alot more chips, is it the correct play to call and hope...or fold and make due with what you have to try and keep playing?
Old 08-26-2005, 01:25 AM

Default Re: Question on Calling Pot odds that can eliminate you?

This depends a lot on where you are in the tourny. Since this is all in, you only need 2-1 to call this in a cash game. Early on this is an easy call. On the bubble, I call this unless there's a super short stack I can wait on--but you shouldn't even get into this spot on the bubble. In a large tourny same basically applies.