Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2005, 12:25 PM

Default Moving form 50NL to 100NL?

Hi, about a month ago, I went from 4-table 25NL to 4-table 50NL and, after about a week of adjusting (when I didn't win as much as 4-table 25NL), I started doing pretty well. PT's bug won't allow me to import Crypto properly, so I can't see all my games, I played for 40 hours, which is just under 12,000 hands (I wish I had played more) on Prima and Party and won 21.xx/hr, not counting rakeback and bonus whoring, plus I added a 5th table a week ago (I'll more likely be at around 16-17/hr after the bath I took on Crypto). I play 6-handed tables.

I think I have a pretty solid theoretical foundation, since I made it a point to read all the suggested poker books, and I was mathematically inclined in highschool (don't know about college, my APs took care of 2 years of math), so now I think I'm primarily lacking experience and I have some work to do on my discipline (I have to get myself to play more hours). When playing, I generally have an idea of what my bets are supposed to accomplish, and most of the time I know what to do depending on how my opponent responds.

Anyway, my bankroll is 20x buy-ins for 100NL, but what should I look for before moving up in limits? My agression is pretty high, around 4.xx, though my VP$IP is a bit low, only around 19.xx (some say it's a bit low for 6-max, so I'm working on incorporating a couple of more marginal hands and situational raising), my WTSD% and W$SD are average, 22.xx% and 53.xx% respectively. I know my high aggression is in part due to my low VP$IP%, since it's easier to play when all I'm not playing too many marginal hands. My auto-rate is between an Ultra-Agressor (bomb) to an Eagle, depending on which autorate you use.

Is there anything else I should be looking for. When should I be making a jump to 100NL?
Old 06-27-2005, 12:31 PM

Default Re: Moving form 50NL to 100NL?

you seem analytical, you'll be fine. find your way to my table and i'll bust you up.

just get started.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:33 PM

Move up. Stay away from Goggumagog, though, on Party. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-27-2005, 03:06 PM

yeah play fewer tables at first if you are nervous. I honestly don't see much difference between the donks at 100NL and 50NL. Table selection is a little more important as there are some rock gardens out there....but one bad player is all you need provided you can get his stack...and even some of the rocks can't fold AA or they will overplay top pair. I am a multi-table baby actually and I play 1 table of NL 6 max, and 1 table of 3/6 full ring...that's all I do...i'm sure I should be playing more tables, but I think at 6 max you can really use reads to beat up on people and I get way more reads single tabling it.