Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2005, 07:47 PM

Default AKo in $30+3 on Party

***** Hand History for Game 2084285677 *****
NL Hold'em Trny:12408478 Level:3 Blinds (15/30) - Saturday, May 21, 18:48:47 EDT 2005
Table Multi-Table(342015) Table #22 (Real Money)
Seat 5 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 2: Kiriac ( $1885 )
Seat 3: theresaburan ( $1035 )
Seat 4: BIGDADDYBLK ( $2100 )
Seat 5: VegasBound88 ( $1135 )
Seat 6: acemail1 ( $785 )
Seat 7: DWarrior2002 ( $945 )
Seat 10: MotherGoose7 ( $975 )
Seat 1: jlumper ( $2240 )
Seat 8: lovegogo ( $970 )
Seat 9: bpols1 ( $1145 )
Trny:12408478 Level:3
Blinds (15/30)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to DWarrior2002 [ As Kc ]
VegasBound88: KK?
lovegogo folds.
bpols1 folds.
MotherGoose7 folds.
jlumper folds.
Kiriac folds.
theresaburan raises [60].
BIGDADDYBLK folds.
VegasBound88 folds.
Kiriac: I forget
DWarrior2002: ???!!!
acemail1 will be using his time bank for this hand.
acemail1 calls [45].
DWarrior2002 raises [95].
theresaburan calls [65].
acemail1 calls [65].

** Dealing Flop ** [ Kd, 8d, 8c ] Pot: 375
acemail1 checks.
DWarrior2002 bets [150].
theresaburan calls [150].
acemail1 folds.

** Dealing Turn ** [ Td ] Pot: 675
DWarrior2002 bets [200].
theresaburan raises [400].
DWarrior2002 is all-In.
theresaburan calls [270].

** Dealing River ** [ 2s ]
theresaburan shows [ Ad, Jd ] a flush, ace high.
DWarrior2002 shows [ As, Kc ] two pairs, kings and eights.
theresaburan wins 2015 chips from the main pot with a flush, ace high.
Player DWarrior2002 finished in 343 place
DWarrior2002 has left the table.

----------------------

Fourty minutes into a tournament. Didn't have much info on either of these guys, since it was pretty early into it (lots of table switchers). No abnormal behavior from either of these guys.

At first, I wanted to just call and see the flop, but I learned from that horrible ring game hand that I'll be dead against AA or KK. I raised it to $125, thinking that the amount won't look too strange and will give the original raiser a chance to put in a sizeable re-raise with AA or KK, seeing as there are two of us with him, so that I could get out cheaply.

I'm thinking I made a mistake on the flop. I made it just under 1/2 the pot, figuring I could get one to fold, as one of them is bound to miss this flop, and get the second guy to play either a worse king, underpair, or a flush.

I thought if I isolated a draw, I could charge him on the turn as well, but I didn't hink of how I'd go about playing if a diamond hits.

I really screwed up on the turn. Coming to think of it, I think the correct move would be to check and fold to any bet. I'd be "outplayed" by a guy holding AK or KQ, though these hands would be afraid of the same stuff as I would (check-raise by flush or trips). Anybody trapping with A8 or with trips would be out of luck, and the flush draw would have just drawn against odds.

I'm seeing a pattern in my game, and that's not knowing when to slow down after the flop.

Any comments?
Old 05-21-2005, 08:06 PM

Default Re: AKo in $30+3 on Party

I think you need to raise more pre-flop. You'd like to win the pot pre-flop if possible or at least get the cold caller out of the hand. I'd make it T200.

I don't think the flop bet was too bad although I think you need to bet a little more with 2 players and a flush draw. Something like 2/3 the pot (T250).

Next time, don't post the results of the hand although this was pretty clear from the beginning how it was going to turn out. I think you're behind on the turn. He could have made his flush draw (which we know he did but I'm trying to look at it without having that knowledge). He could have hit a set of Ts. Regardless, he raised pre-flop and you re-raised him. You led out on the flop and he called. You led out on the turn and he raised. You showed strength and he basically said "I don't care. My hand is better." I think you can safely fold the hand, especially with the mini-raise which I think means big hand more often than not in that situation.