Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 05:49 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt Age Question?

[ QUOTE ]
Full tilt games are often of poor quality, and there aren't enough players on the site. Also, I hate their software and their bonuses take way too long to clear.

However, I remember the NL games were much better than the limit games. Also, there was no shortage of poor players at the heads up freeze outs. LHE is my mainstay though, because its so much easier to multitable.

On a general note, I take issue with full tilt's marketting campaign of "learn from the pros, play like the pros" etc. They email you strategy articles for christ sake. Partypoker is about pure gambling. There's no strategy image that the site has. They have sidebets and blackjack, and they aren't afraid of that image.

Full tilt gives you strategy books with your players points. Partypoker gives you baseball caps and sandles.
Hella people get smashed out drunk and log onto partypoker on weekend nights. Those same people just aren't attracted to the idiot marketting of ultimate bet, pokerstars, and full tilt. All of those sites deserve to go broke.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand why so many people on 2+2 diss the smaller sites. I realize party IS better for higher limit players (like 15/30ish), but at the 3/6 and 5/10 bracket, I really do not see the big deal about party. The support is horrible, the software sucks and the games are not that great. Sure, the big thing with party is there is ALWAYS playable games, but there rarely seems to be great ones. IMO if you have money deposited at all the sites and simply play wherever the good games are, you do way better than playing at party all the time. And let's not forget to mention party's increasingly crappy bonuses, reloads...and no "official" rakeback.

-dustyn
Old 12-09-2005, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe you could try chip dumping to someone you know

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, that goes over well with internet poker sites.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:54 PM

nh sir. It makes me want to tie one on and log on to Party Poker.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:50 PM

Many of them are ungodly predictable. You know exactly what cards they have based on how they play their hands. You know if they are drawing to a flush, if they flopped a set, etc. Full Tilt seems to offer the easiest players to read. That's why I switched to Full Tilt from UB.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:46 AM

i am not at all happy with the bonus plan of fulltilt and i dont thin they will survive long with such offers, i had to play around 200 raked hands giving them a lot of rake as i play on NL tables and guess what i earned only $3 in bonus..now thats crap
Old 12-10-2005, 08:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Full tilt games are often of poor quality, and there aren't enough players on the site. Also, I hate their software and their bonuses take way too long to clear.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play 1/2 Limit full ring...

I played there for a few hours the other day for a PSO promotion. I would have to disagree with your sentiment that the games were poor quality. I would say the are at least average. The Table VPIPs I experienced at 1/2 were generally 30+, maybe i just hit a couple good games but seemed like there were enough bad players to go around.

Software was a bit problematic but not any more so than most around the net.

As for the bonus my stats indicated it's about 70% rakeback. I earned $20 of bonus and paid less than $30 in rake. So it's something I may revisit in the future if I have nothing else to clear...