Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 11:30 PM

Default Got a call from the VIP group - time to start planning for Nov

I got a call today and was offered $200 for 8000 raked hands. I asked what constituted a raked hand and was told any hand in which I contribute to the pot which becomes large enough for a rake to be taken. It does not include hands in which the pot becomes big enough to rake but I never contributed(i.e. I was not in a blind and my first action was to fold preflop)

Its really a lousy offer and I expressed that to them. I told them I wanted a something better and was told the offers would be better next month. My response was that I would go ahead and take a crack at it as I haven't played at Party a significant amount this year. I guess in november I will see how much Party Poker values its high volume players.

Finally here is my question to the forum. What can we do as players to maximize the offers we will recieve from PartyPoker in November.

Stu
Old 10-24-2005, 11:33 PM

Default Re: Got a call from the VIP group - time to start planning for Nov

[ QUOTE ]
What can we do as players to maximize the offers we will recieve from PartyPoker in November.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing. Personally, I don't think Party Poker really cares, they're just doing this so they can say they're at least doing something.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:48 PM

I'd be surprised if they have a different definition for "raked hand" for the VIP group, than they do in every other meaning of the word "raked" (i.e. Clearing bonuses, popup deals, etc.)

The definition of raked can also be found on the site itself.

Either there was a misunderstanding or your customer service rep was a moron.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Either there was a misunderstanding or your customer service rep was a moron.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-25-2005, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The definition of raked can also be found on the site itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok heres what I found on the site and this is what I'm going to operate under.

Raked hand: A hand that a) a player participates in (dealt cards) and b) has generated at least $0.01 in rake for that player. Generated rake is calculated by dividing the total rake collected in that hand by the number of players who were dealt cards.

In my converstation with the VIP rep I told her I would rather get $500 for 10,000 raked hands. She told me she would have to call me back. Anyways a few minutes later she did call me back and told me that since I haven't played much at PartyPoker the best she could offer was $250 for 10000 raked hands. I'm positive these VIP reps have wiggle room if you're a high volume player(Most of my play has been at other sites). The question becomes how do we maximize it.

I'm thinking that maybe 5 of us who got crappy offers should get together and make our play at Partypoker during November contingent on all of us getting a decent offer(i.e. the 10-12.5 cents per raked hand). It can't hurt, if they come back with another crappy offer in November I'm walking anyways.

Stu
Old 10-25-2005, 04:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It does not include hands in which the pot becomes big enough to rake but I never contributed(i.e. I was not in a blind and my first action was to fold preflop)

[/ QUOTE ]

Woah. Are you sure? This does seem pretty silly, but this is exactly the sort of subtelty that support folks get confused about much of the time. Anyway, if that really is the deal, this should be a nonissue if party moves to vip points rather than raked hands, and the consensus seems to be that that's the plan.

I'd say the more hands you play and the higher the limit, the better deal you'll get next month, but as these deals are likely to require a minimum number of hands and seem to change month to month, you're probably better off just playing the amount you normally would.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking that maybe 5 of us who got crappy offers should get together and make our play at Partypoker during November contingent on all of us getting a decent offer(i.e. the 10-12.5 cents per raked hand). It can't hurt, if they come back with another crappy offer in November I'm walking anyways.

Stu

[/ QUOTE ]

Party's such a large bueracracy that they may not be particurally interested in negotiating with a small block of players rather than individually. I'd say O'doyle's army would be a better bet, but i don't know what the status of all that is.
Old 10-25-2005, 04:20 PM

Are you sure that the more you play, the more you get. It seems that people who have been gone a long time get better offers, but I must admit, after a while it gets hard to remember all the different options.

Do you think Party Poker might try to get the lowest payment they can? or do you think they are only interested in giving as much as they can to loyal players? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2005, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think Party Poker might try to get the lowest payment they can? or do you think they are only interested in giving as much as they can to loyal players?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive been wondering this. It seems that diffrent people have diffrent representatives. Someone posted something ahwile ago that made me think we are assigned to one person. Im wondering if this person is kinda like an affiliate who gets so much of our rake, and makes deals with us to try and get us to play more paying us as little as they can. All i know is that if i cant get a good deal that im happy with, i might be going a diffrent route with party.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:26 AM

wow, what a concept. Party has people who sit around trying to get high volume players to play for as little as they can. They gradually up the limits and reduce the payoff and no one really has any bargaining power because all the rake back deals have to be hush hushed?