Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 10:20 PM

Default AA did I fold best hand?

Villian is decent player who I have not seen out of line. I also know he has just moved up levels so is either sowing his wheaties or may be nervous???

If I raise flop, bet turn and get check raised do I have more confidence in my situation? I realize flop play was bad so please chastise me liberally.

Paradise Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, 6 folds[/i]</font>, Hero raises</font>,1 fold[/i]</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 players)</font>
BB bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 players)</font>
]BB bets</font>, Hero raises</font>, BB 3-bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.20 BB
Old 10-12-2005, 10:35 PM

Default Re: AA did I fold best hand?

Raise the flop. You haven't gotten nearly enough information. But since you didn't, you should still call the turn; even if you're behind you're likely able to catch up if you catch and A or he has 2 pair and the board pairs.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:13 PM

Probebly not - however - all it would take is one more bet to find out. Instead that $10 is costing you a headache not knowing.

Raising the flop would have given you more info!
Old 10-12-2005, 11:15 PM

Raising the flop is an absolute no brainer here...don't trap w/ one pair hands on coordinated boards.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:47 AM

I realize flop is bad and makes next decision harder. SHould I call the turn (not raise) and call river and show down for 2 big bets as the raise on turn costs the same amount and ina situation where hands I am beating will fold often but better hands will 3 bet me, therefore the raise has little value? How often would you go into call down mode like this, what conditions would be necessary?
1. heads up/short so protecting hand is not as big an issue, 2. may be way behind, 3.have redraws to beat many hands villian could have.
ANy thoughts on calling turn here?(not after raise but instead of raising)
Old 10-13-2005, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
SHould I call the turn (not raise) and call river and show down for 2 big bets as the raise on turn costs the same amount and ina situation where hands I am beating will fold often but better hands will 3 bet me, therefore the raise has little value?

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the size of the pot at the turn, I don't see much point in raising. He either has you beat, or you may have the best of it if he has A8 or something. It's tough because we know nothing here, but I think this might be too tight a fold for one bet on the turn.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:08 PM

You picked a really bad card to raise on the turn. If he was betting an open ender he just hit it. I'd say the line you took, you should call down, maybe think about folding if a heart comes off on the river too unless it pairs the board.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:19 PM

I'm sorry - for some reason I thought you folded on the river.

You did fine folding on the turn. No problems. you only have 1 pair and MOST people that raise on the turn have better then top pair.