Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2004, 12:17 AM

Default Re: Results

how about a river 3 bet with nothing? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $5.
UTG (poster) checks, MP folds, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: (3 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (5 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: 12 BB
Old 08-30-2004, 01:44 AM

How bout this one...mindless aggression on every street with K high on an A high 4 flushed board.

Ultimate Bet 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP folds, <font color="CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (15.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 17.50 BB, between SB and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (17.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows Kc Jc (one pair, fives).
Hero shows Ah Qd (flush, ace high).
Outcome: Hero wins 17.50 BB. </font>
Old 08-30-2004, 01:49 AM

I still never got the point in posting hands where we go against a maniac moron.

Personally I gain nothing from these posts as anyone who has played a good amount has ran into these people.

If there was a thread of the biggest moron/maniac ever, then sure. Other than that, I find these one of the lamest posts.
Old 08-30-2004, 08:14 AM

Default To change things slightly--how different is it?

Same scenario-- MP and we raise with J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] , this time.

Flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

only BB calls and he/she lead bets the flop. Now what's best?

Does the best play change if the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is instead 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]?
Old 08-30-2004, 10:16 AM

Default Re: To change things slightly--how different is it?

No...but now they could be going for a gutshot.
Old 08-30-2004, 10:30 AM

Default Re: Ed, what do you do when he checks the turn?

How you would approach this decision?

He likely has no more than three outs if behind, and the pot is relatively small, so I'm not worried about betting to protect my hand.

Therefore once he checks the turn, my goal will be to get as many bets out of him as possible. If I think he'll fold to the turn bet, I'll check. If I think he'll call it, I'll bet.

You should also be more willing to check against someone who would bet the flop, but go for a checkraise on the turn. Most people never make that play, but if your opponent does, that's reason to consider checking.
Old 08-30-2004, 03:58 PM

I think these "laugh at the moron" posts go best in the micro forum, regardless of the stakes, because so many people there forget how stupid some people can be.

peace

john nickle
Old 08-30-2004, 04:26 PM

I think that's the point. We all have a ton of these types of hands. That's to counter to the earlier series of replies questioning whether this type of play was at all common. Hopefully the poster who was convinced that bluff 3-betting the turn into a PFR with A high on a K22 board is a rare thing will recognize that none of the examples posted took us a great deal of time to dig up because they are so common at these limits.
Old 08-30-2004, 04:40 PM

Default Re: Common Party $3-$6 Situation

I think the lower the pocket pair pair the more likely I am raising the turn trying to buy it there if he does not have king does have overcrads to my pair. Raise the turn with 9's 10's Call with q's and j's.
Old 08-30-2004, 04:54 PM

Default Re: Common Party $3-$6 Situation

The lower my pocket pair the more likely I am to raise the flop. For example, if you had 88 on this K22 board you should raise when he bets into you as your hand is much more vulnerable to overcards and you will often pick up the pot there or with a follow up bet on the turn.