Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 04:51 PM

Default Bad beat 6th sense...

Ever just know that someone hit it, where it's unlikely that that was specifically their card but you jsut have a feeling, so you check a hand that is ahead most of the time...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (4 handed) converter

UTG ($112.20)
Button :#A500AF(Villain)/ ($35.40)
Hero ($86.55)
BB ($56.40)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button :#A500AF(Villain)/ calls $1, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($3) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, BB folds, Villain calls $2.

Turn: ($7) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, Villain calls $4.

River: ($15) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets $8</font>, Hero calls $8.

Final Pot: $31

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 8d 5h (two pair, eights and fives).
Villain has Qs 8h (two pair, queens and eights).
Outcome: Villain wins $31. </font>

I blame my image, it was very aggressive.

That was basically the only hand that could beat me too, no str8s or flushes possible, maybe some sort of full house. Gay.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:56 PM

Default Re: Bad beat 6th sense...

Villian had about 16 outs against you. Any spade, a Queen, or a 7 for a split pot. I don't think it was really that bad of a beat.

Edit: Upon re-reading OP, is this a joke...?
Old 12-06-2005, 05:00 PM

Terrible beat, especially since the only thing he coulda had that might have beaten you is some sort of full house. Gay.

Edit: Huggie, get a clue you n00b. These kinds of beats are no laughing matter. Christ, show some sensitivity.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Terrible beat, especially since the only thing he coulda had that might have beaten you is some sort of full house. Gay.

Edit: Huggie, get a clue you n00b. These kinds of beats are no laughing matter. Christ, show some sensitivity.

[/ QUOTE ]
My mistake! I didn't realize the opponent could have had the 3 required cards in his pocket to make a FH...I'll have to double-check next time I post! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2005, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
My mistake! I didn't realize the opponent could have had the 3 required cards in his pocket to make a FH...I'll have to double-check next time I post! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Come to think of it, the villains screen name was Huggie_g4ngStaFORlyfe. You bad beating mofo!!!