Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 06:21 PM

Default Where to go during the daytime (US)

I play most of my poker between 8:30AM and 4PM CST. I whore around so I play lots of cryptos,absolute and prima skins. Before about 1PM or so I find most of these places very tight and many don't offer more than one or two 3/6 6max tables. Does anybody else play primarily these hours and if so, where do you go? I've got a feeling the answer is that I have to choose between whoring or playing looser sites. Anyway, if anybody could help me out I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:29 PM

Default Re: Where to go during the daytime (US)

i play 11AM GMT through to maybe 10PM GMT, I don't get fussy over times.

Heres what i say.

Play tight tables, Improve, own them.
Then when the loose tables come, double own them.

Stop dodging the tags, WHen all the fish die... You might too [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2005, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stop dodging the tags, WHen all the fish die... You might too [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This advice is not correct for everyone. It depends on why you are playing. This is good advice for someone striving to become the best they can be. However, if you are just trying to put some bread on the table, you should avoid TAGs, seek out fish and destroy them. Actually, table selection is a critical part of playing winning poker so maybe this advice is poor in all cases. Why not always play in the fishiest game available (assuming stakes are equal)?
Old 11-29-2005, 07:30 PM

This is where Party can't be beat. There are games at all times, and there are always fish available. I sometimes fire up a quick game before work at 8:00 am and Party rarely dissapoints.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:37 PM

I just look for the highest pot avg. tables, best way to find fish I suppose until I get a huge database built up.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:44 PM

I am in the same boat but I dont worry too much, since the stakes arent that high yet. Im happy just learning to play vs the TAGS which I figure will be a lot more common higher up.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:49 PM

Ok, I played between 8PM and 10PM (CST)on Stars last night and what a difference. I went from usually seing VPIP's in the mid to low 30s to mid 40s with a seemingly never ending stream of fish taking a seat when another sat down. I can only hope that this was not abnormal as I hope to be able to play a little more at night in the future. I know that you can make money against typical TAG's but there's no way you can convince me you can make as much as you can against the 55/12/.5 guys.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Play tight tables, Improve, own them.
Then when the loose tables come, double own them.

[/ QUOTE ]