FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 06:38 PM

Default Re: Beer belly

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't eat within 2 hours before going to bed!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wives tale. Depending on what you eat all day, and the frequency of your meals many diet plans/doctors advise you TO eat something an hour before bedtime.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't get to burn any of this off. You don't need this much caloric intake to go to bed.
Plus, you will wake up hungrier than had you eaten 4 hours before bedtime.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wrong. If you eat a whopper, and then run 2 miles. You aren't burning that whopper with that exercise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Instead of being a whistle-blower, why don't you PROVE to me, that eating within 2 hours of going to bed is a GOOD thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you prove to me that the sky is blue?
Old 11-10-2005, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
EDIT: Stay away from butter, sour cream, dressing, etc. I know it's hard but try it.

I eat potatoes PLAIN and pancakes with no butter or syrup. Yeah. And I never eat Sour Cream. I use minimal dressing on salad.

[/ QUOTE ]
You know you can get fat-free sour cream that is something like 10 calories a tablespoon, right? Even if you decide its not as good as the real stuff, it has to be better than plain.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow. I eat over a half-stick of butter a day, and go thru a small tub (8 oz) of sour cream each week. Nearly every day, I cook one of those nice, thick, rich french sauces to go with beef, chicken, or pork. Yesterday dinner was a big bowl of fettucine alfredo -- ingredients: butter, cream, cheese. And I'm losing weight. Over 30 pounds in two months, 50 so far this year.

Fat doesn't make you fat. High-quality animal fats are very nutritious, help fight infection/microbes/fungii, good sources of fuel, and improve digestion. Processed foods are horribly unhealthy, and there's a handful of foods (like soy) that suppress thyroid function, leading to lower metabolism, meaning you have to exercise more or cut out more food in order to lose weight.

Meanwhile... potatoes and pancakes? Excess carbs will lead to insulin resistance and all the fun that goes with that. I'm not strictly on a no-carb diet, it's just that I don't eat them much. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] If your diet has a broad range of nutrients, you can pretty much eat what you want.

Plus I exercise about 45 minutes a day; currently wind-sprints and body-weight exercises.

[/ QUOTE ]

As frightening as it seems, this is actually true. About two years ago I dropped from 222lbs to 172lbs in 5 months by following an Atkins-like diet of low-carb/high-fat/high-protein foods.
-w.a.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:56 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

good luck dude. you're going to have to a half hour to burn a single beer's worth of calories, and even if you negate your beer intake it's not going to put you in a weight-losing category.