Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 10:22 AM

Default Re: Just another sorry thirty-something!

Any updates? I normally don't like bumping threads like this, but I'm curious.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but she recently got a tatoo on her backside

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know how to interpret this one

[ QUOTE ]
and she has recently started to wear thongs (underwear)

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't assume anything because I don't know you or your wife, but in the DoD clearance industry they call this a HUGE 'red flag'
Old 11-04-2005, 10:56 AM

Here is my GUESS as to what happened with this relationship:

1. Sex life was OK. Not great, but adequate.
2. She gets pregnant, has kid.
3. She is not in the mood to have sex initially cuz that is somewhat natural
4. LSU is EXTREMELY patient about this.
5. She sees it as a comment on his feelings of attraction for her diminishing
6. Some tool at work starts paying attention to her when she loses the birth weight
7. She is having an affair
8. He is clueless

Recommendation:

Call this guy
Old 11-04-2005, 11:18 AM

If your wife's company provides an EAP service, I would recommend she contact them. I have used mine with excellent results.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, here is the deal. We had a pretty good conversation the other night, and I was basically told that I don't keep myself up the way I used to. She wants me to watch my weight, because she is scared I am going to leave her as a single mother before she turns 40.

There were a combination of things in this post that were correct. The baby weight started the issue, then after some time she started to dress the part, and got the tatoo to make herself feel better. She was very persistent in letting me know there has been no infidelity. Maybe I am just a tool, but I tend to believe my wife.

My solution to this problem:
I am going to make a definite effort to eat better, work out more, and keep myself up for her......she will give it up more for me. I basically told her that my end will be kept up, but I do expect to see changes in our love life fairly quickly.....we will see.

Thanks for all of the positive replys especially, but also for the negative ones also because I needed to see this from all angles.

I will repost in a month or two if anyone is interested in hearing how it goes....... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2005, 01:02 PM

Sounds good, and you've got a good thing going forward there. Glad for you, bud.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, here is the deal. We had a pretty good conversation the other night, and I was basically told that I don't keep myself up the way I used to. She wants me to watch my weight, because she is scared I am going to leave her as a single mother before she turns 40.

There were a combination of things in this post that were correct. The baby weight started the issue, then after some time she started to dress the part, and got the tatoo to make herself feel better. She was very persistent in letting me know there has been no infidelity. Maybe I am just a tool, but I tend to believe my wife.

I am going to make a definite effort to eat better, work out more, and keep myself up for her......she will give it up more for me. I basically told her that my end will be kept up, but I do expect to see changes in our love life fairly quickly.....we will see.

Thanks for all of the positive replys especially, but also for the negative ones also because I needed to see this from all angles.

I will repost in a month or two if anyone is interested in hearing how it goes....... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it's good that you have gotten things out in the open, but this still seems a little weird to me. How much weight have you gained? A lot of people gain some weight in their 30s but that doesnt mean they completely stop having sex.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it's good that you have gotten things out in the open, but this still seems a little weird to me. How much weight have you gained? A lot of people gain some weight in their 30s but that doesnt mean they completely stop having sex.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am keeping this on a short leash.....if things don't improve quickly, we will be seeing a therapist. I want to give my wife the benefit of the doubt, however.

I am now 250 at 5'10, which is a gain of 25 pounds over the last 10 years or so. Not out of the question, and I carry it pretty well....but I am too heavy, and plan on getting back down around 200 by the end of the year.

I have heart problems in my family, and this is what scares my wife...and truthfully me a bit.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am now 250 at 5'10, which is a gain of 25 pounds over the last 10 years or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a sidenote....I ran 3 triathlons 2 years ago at 230 or so. I hit the gym quite a bit, and play basketball weekly. I am not a really flabby guy, but I have a pretty good spare tire to elimate. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2005, 01:23 PM

Try to get around to 200 by the end of next year. If you are under 240 by the end of this year, that would be a great accomplishment. It is Nov.4th after all.