Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2005, 03:17 AM

Default \"Proof\" Some Players Know What Cards Will Be Dealt!

I post this as a follow up to the thread "Do you believe the shuffle is random online". There were many replies, some from those who think I'm a crazy loser, and others from those with stories similar to mine.

Today I offer you the best "proof" I am willing/able to share that some players know the flop/turn/river before they are dealt. Just watch the final five tables at the weeknite $150 tourneys and the $200 weekend tourneys at Party. Or if you prefer the $350,000/$500,000 Sunday tourney at PokerStars. If someone had a really effective way to cheat this is where their time would be best spent. When the field is down to about 50 players I swear at least half of them have some way of knowing/controlling what cards will be dealt. Just watch the play closely at this point in the tournament and tell me these guys don't know something the rest of us don't. It won't take long for you to come to the same conclusion.

After you get a chance to watch the final few tables of one of these tourneys come back and post what you saw here. Even better, maybe a few of us could arrange to watch the end of the same tourney and compair opinions on what we saw. On Party we could easily record the hand histories for all hands dealt at the final four tables. Although this may not satisfy those who demand mathimatical proof, I think if enough people see the same thing you have to give serious consideration to the possibility that some people know what cards are going to be dealt.

I hope some people will be willing to participate in an experiment such as this. I ask that only those who have a genuine interest in this subject to reply. I don't really appreciate people disrupting a legitimate thread with posts calling me or others losers because we choose to investigate this matter with an open mind.

Thanks,

Ralphie.
Old 06-14-2005, 04:26 AM

Default Re: \"Proof\" Some Players Know What Cards Will Be Dealt!

[ QUOTE ]
When the field is down to about 50 players I swear at least half of them have some way of knowing/controlling what cards will be dealt.

[/ QUOTE ]

When they get down to 2 tables, how do they decide who will control the deck?
Old 06-14-2005, 05:20 AM

Do you mean because the player winning the hand always seems to catch? Maybe he knew what was coming. Maybe party told him they were going to hook him up. Maybe he had a pattern mapper.

Or maybe he is just a good player.

If you really think party, stars ,etc are rigged then don't play. I am not trying to be a dick, but these sites have too much to lose to be rigged.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that even if it was PROVEN that party was rigged, and in fact had been rigged since it was started, that most posters here would still play because they are making money off of the site.
Old 06-14-2005, 05:57 AM

Try rgp. You'll find more wackos over there.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:32 AM

no, but thanks for the conspiracy theory.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:28 AM

It seems like your criteria for someone 'knowing what's coming' is if anyone stays in with the worst of it and draws out. In that case, you ought to be watching the $1/$2 or smaller games. Seems everybody there knows what's coming. Wonder why all those successful cheaters are playing so small?
Old 06-14-2005, 10:41 AM

Your "proof" is not proof. Please try again!
Old 06-14-2005, 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really appreciate people disrupting a legitimate thread with posts calling me or others losers because we choose to investigate this matter with an open mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

when you make a legitimate thread, people will stop disrupting you. Stop speculating and come up with proof instead of "proof" and people might listen.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:45 AM

Let me be sure I understand this. Late in the tourney when blinds are high some of the players are going all in with relative garbage and catching their cards at other times players are calling allins with relative garbage and catching their cards to knock out other players. That's your theory?

If it is I have one suggestion for you - learn something about tourney poker - that is SOP for any tourney. Even the WSOP is rigged if that's your proof.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:47 AM

remember when moneymaker called down dutch boyd with 33? he knew.

remember when that fish at the home game busted you when he flopped two pair with 75o? rigged.

remember when you made up a conspiracy theory to rationalize your losses?