Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2004, 11:24 PM

Default Worst 30 minutes of poker possible......

just took some really bad beats. Think I was on Tilt before the beats but check this out. Down to 3 players UB 10 +1 SnG. Hero has (Approx. T1900) Chip leader 3k +
Short stack had T30. Blinds were 20-40. (Crazy 6 handed SnG)
Who got Third? I did
In the worst display of short handed tournament poker of all toime i singlehandedly doubled this guy up many times and lost. Not looking for advice on this just think its funny as hell as i had all day at work to think about what a complete jackass both players must think i am. The only saving grace is that hopefully someone took notes on me. Once again. Chip leader 3k +
Hero 2k + or -
Short stack T$30 thats THIRTY The funny thing is i didnt get busted by the big stack. I gave shortstack that pleasure at the very end. Hope u enjoy
Old 09-15-2004, 11:36 PM

Default Re: Worst 30 minutes of poker possible......

I sympathize, Jim. I was heads-up in a tourney a few weeks ago with T9970 and my opponent had T30. He typed "gg."

He then proceeded to win his next several all-ins and catch incredible cards that hit... and went on to win.

He said, "greatest comeback ever."

I was still in shock to say anything back, and went to bed. If I can't win against someone with 30 chips left, it was time to quit for the night.

serling
Old 09-15-2004, 11:47 PM

Exactly what I did. Actually just played 7 more tonight and i am definitely off my game. Taking a break for a day to study 2 plus two
GL
Old 09-15-2004, 11:57 PM

Well, I suppose I topped your feat. Three of us were around equal stacks late (whatever that works out to, 2000 or something?) in a Party SNG, and the fourth had something like 100 chips left. I managed to finish fourth, capping off a long streak of non-money finishes. The reason I say it capped off the streak is because I haven't played a SNG since then (about two months ago).
Old 09-16-2004, 02:24 AM

Hilarious...Why no more SnG's. I am just getting started and already thinking about going back to limit.
Old 09-16-2004, 03:35 AM

I moved to ring games and found them more profitable. Now, I live out my days happily bonus whoring 1/2 6-max on the Crypto sites every month.