Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 02:58 PM

Default Re: Was folding this set of 2\'s correct?

I could use help on this one too.

I would pot the flop, if he raised, I would come back over the top with a pot size raise or possibly push to protect against a flush draw. Am I being overly paranoid of a flush with a move like this?
Old 12-21-2005, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I could use help on this one too.

I would pot the flop, if he raised, I would come back over the top with a pot size raise or possibly push to protect against a flush draw. Am I being overly paranoid of a flush with a move like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on the villain. If I've seen him overpay for draws, I'd 3-bet it in the $25-$30 range and will push any turn. Villain is going to have to showdown a better hand to take this pot away.

Bet whatever you think will get villain pot committed to call your turn bet. If you think he will a flop 3-bet push, then go for it. This is a spot where you need to have a read on villain to determine how best to extract.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:11 PM

Other then the must 3-bet on the flop, as others have addressed, I actually like your play. I would put villian on A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] x [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] after his flop and turn play. For that reason I like the call on the turn, you only need to make another ~15 if you boat on the river to break even if he does have the flush. If he doesn't have flush I dont think he fires the large river bet. But yea, gotta 3-bet flop and possibly block the riv IMO.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree I totally bumbled this play. I wish I woulda came over top on flop in hindsight. I was getting too greedy as I do w/ sets. Would a blocking bet on river been good given my turn play? And would you fold to big raise?

As played I really felt I was beat on river.

[/ QUOTE ]

The whole purpose of slowplaying to get your opponent to put more money into the pot.

He is already do so, making the slowplay pointless.

According to Doyle Brunson, if you flop a set, be prepared to lose some money.
Old 12-21-2005, 06:52 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

The whole purpose of slowplaying to get your opponent to put more money into the pot.

He is already do so, making the slowplay pointless.

According to Doyle Brunson, if you flop a set, be prepared to lose some money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point