Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: The management's vision and priorities are lean and compelling, not cluttered and buzzword-laden.
false 20 54.05%
true 17 45.95%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2005, 12:30 PM

Default Re: Best SNL cast member

[ QUOTE ]
I know some great skits are left out, but some of those cast members only had one or two good skits. Most of them can't compare to these legends. You can choose 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

Norm Macdonald should be on this, he did better weekend updates than anyone, even the previous weekend update "legends" said this, this list is good but missing good ones.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:32 PM

Im pretty sure my eyes were open the 1st time I saw the DVD's. I said he was funny, just IMHO not nearly the funniest.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:52 PM

You people are comedy impaired. Either that or you're too young to have seen most of the selections.

I would have Will Ferrell near the bottom. I don't think he was all that on SNL. But he's leading the poll.

Give me Beluchi, Aykroyd, Hartman, Carvey, Murray, Radner, Sandler, Farley, Myers, Rock, and Chase before Ferrell.

I do like his film work, but he's bottom rung on SNL.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You people are comedy impaired. Either that or you're too young to have seen most of the selections.

I would have Will Ferrell near the bottom. I don't think he was all that on SNL. But he's leading the poll.

Give me Beluchi, Aykroyd, Hartman, Carvey, Murray, Radner, Sandler, Farley, Myers, Rock, and Chase before Ferrell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. Agreed. Can you throw Eddie Murphy into that list?

ScottieK
Old 12-08-2005, 01:00 PM

although they were only on for one year: Billy Crystal/Christopher Guest/Martin Short were halarious
Old 12-08-2005, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. Agreed. Can you throw Eddie Murphy into that list?

ScottieK

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, I meant to have Murphy in there too. Sorry Eddie.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Steve Martin was not technically a cast member

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true, and I don't think many people are aware of it. However, the point is probably moot for purposes of this poll.

Belushi
Farley
Ferrell
Old 12-08-2005, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to disagree here. In the 70's and then the late 80's/90's, SNL had some of the best comedy writers on television (not saying the cast members were bad, but they had great writing) - with the writers ranging from Al Franken to Conan O'Brien.

Over the past 10 years, the writing has been miserable at best (cable television has taken most of today's gifted comedy writers). Will Ferrell had the ability to take a horrible script and make it watchable, and he was extremely versatile in his characters.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:13 PM

Fine. But Ferrell was still no Hartman. I mean, Ferrell's bald, bearded synthesizer guy vs. Hartman's Sinatra? Don't let Ferrell's movie work cloud your judgement. He was good, but he is overrated due to the company he had on the show.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:24 PM

I agree. Hartman was also in my top 3, and is probably my number 1. As for Ferrell's SNL work, I didn't like his early recurring characters (bald guy and cheerleader). However, over time he really stepped it up, and it was his later characters that really sold me (Trebek, Lipton, Carray, the Jeffrey's guy), not to mention his other famous skits (Vietnam Vet nude model, cowbell, cat exec w/Vince Vaughn, office guy in u.s. flag speedo, etc.).