Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 10:15 AM

Default Re: Trout Games Dec 7th RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
The games are an opportunity for the members of this forum, and any other 2+2ers who wish to play, to get together once a week to play an inexpensive game that can be treated as a social experience to meet some of the other forum members, a learning experience, or just a fun game like a saturday night home game. Many of our players come down from the $30's, 50's, some as high as $215's to get together for these games. There is some good banter on the chat line, and some very good poker in most of the games. You could learn something just watching how some of these people are playing against you or each other. And have a good time doing it for a cool $11. Not bad recreation at the price. A movie would prob cost me as much and I don't have to go out. A lot less stressful game than playing 8 $215s against the donks to make a living this week.

Doc

[/ QUOTE ]

Well-Spoken & Spot-On [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I Love the Trout Games
Old 12-10-2005, 11:06 AM

Default Re: Trout Games Dec 7th

This east coast family guy thinks 8:00 eastern time is too early.

Not being critical in any way, just thought I'd mention it because the HU game seems to be pretty small and I would enter from time to time if it started later.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This east coast family guy thinks 8:00 eastern time is too early.

Not being critical in any way, just thought I'd mention it because the HU game seems to be pretty small and I would enter from time to time if it started later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on pm's and posts, it looks like 9pm might be better.
There remain 24 hours for additional comment time.
I will then exercise the power vested in me and make the decision. Ohhhhhh the power....
I have also considered having HU only once a month. that sometimes increases participation, by limiting availability. That issue should be addressed by all concernned, but there will be no change, if any, until the new year.
Power crazed,
hyde/jekyl
Old 12-10-2005, 12:54 PM

Default Re: Trout Games Dec 7th RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
I might be somewhat new to this forum, but what's the point exactly in playing people who obviously care enough about playing good poker that they frequent this board? Bragging rights or positive EV?

[/ QUOTE ]

In addition to the points the good doctor made, another thing I like is the practice playing many of the same opponents on multiple occasions.

Playing at the smaller buyins ($55 or less) I don't see the same faces often. It's fun and educational learning how to play against opponents you have reads on, and adjusting for the fact that they have reads on you (presumably).
Old 12-10-2005, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have also considered having HU only once a month. that sometimes increases participation, by limiting availability. That issue should be addressed by all concernned, but there will be no change, if any, until the new year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd imagine that the HU turnout will increase as we get closer to the STTF-HUC. I know I'll probably be playing in all of them. Speaking of, any chance on getting it changed to PL instead of NL?
Old 12-10-2005, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd imagine that the HU turnout will increase as we get closer to the STTF-HUC. I know I'll probably be playing in all of them. Speaking of, any chance on getting it changed to PL instead of NL?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bones: You could move into Phil Hellmuth's attic, take lessons for a month, read every book every written, get coaching from Irieguy and backing from Beef and you would still be tied for the favorite to go "Uno-Dos Adios"...As a matter of fact, I'm thinking about barring you and Yugo from being available for the "Reverse-Pick-8" Anti-Calcutta [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-10-2005, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
any chance on getting it changed to PL instead of NL?

[/ QUOTE ]

...has my vote too. There have only been 2-5 playing anyway. Cha? Skip? Anyone else? Got your vote?
Old 12-10-2005, 04:32 PM

Okay fine I'm just gonna say it

I PWNED THAT TOURNEY AND YOU ALL NEED TO BOW DOWN!!

Also, PL would be cool. Then you guys would have a chance, because my luckbox wouldn't play as big a role.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
any chance on getting it changed to PL instead of NL?

[/ QUOTE ]

...has my vote too. There have only been 2-5 playing anyway. Cha? Skip? Anyone else? Got your vote?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]