Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2005, 07:42 PM

Default LA Poker Classic, is this pretty steep vig, is this the norm now? *DELETED*

Post deleted by NLfool
Old 02-01-2005, 07:46 PM

Default Re: LA Poker Classic, is this pretty steep vig, is this the norm now?

You did the right thing by speaking with your money. They will charge what the market will bear.

However, most people don't really care that much. They're already spending $1k, what's a few more bucks? If they cash, they cash, and the comparatively and seemingly miniscule difference doesn't matter to them anyway.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:55 PM

Default Re: LA Poker Classic, is this pretty steep vig, is this the norm now?

I just hope the gouging hasn't become the standard now. Granted I haven't played in B+M tourneys as long others but I can't ever remember any amount (exception of paradise)let alone $15 taken from every rebuy).

Obviously 2+2 is a different demographic and will notice such things but the majority don't and I'm afraid this will be the standard markup now. Maybe it has become common and I'm just behind the times but last year I don't remember as high a vig.

Yes it was a stand but not much as I don't think they care if a couple of people don't play. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]