Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 12:49 AM

Default Knocking out the 3rd guy

I can't figure out how to work the converter for 7 stud, and the raw HH doesn't tell everyone's doorcard, so I'm just going to write out what I remember of the hand. If someone can tell me how to use the converter that would be nice.

3/6 on party

A 3 brings it in, a low card (9 or something) calls, I raise with buried queens and a 6 showing, all live. One cold caller and the bring in and 9 call as well.

On 4th everyone catches low random, I catch a J and have two 2-flushes to go with my queens. I bet , all call.

On 5th street everyone catches random. I bet and am raised by a 32. One guy folds, the other guy cold calls with 39Jr.

On 6th street I catch an ace, the other two brick. Now I lead out, hoping that the 32 will raise me again and knock out the 39Jx guy. This is the main reason I'm posting the hand, 6th street play. Is this a good time to try and put in two bets with the 2nd best hand and squeeze out the 3rd guy?

It didn't exactly work as I had planned, it actually happened better in that 32 just called but the other guy folded anyways. On the river I hadn't improved my queens. I checked, and 32 checked behind showing 3's and 2's to win it.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:56 AM

Default Re: Knocking out the 3rd guy

The sixth street play will seldom work out here as you planned. The reason being that two little pair will usually always be too scared to raise you again on sixth, if thats what they hold. Notice thats exactly what happened here. However, they will usually always raise you again here if they have concealed trips. Thus its a losing situation to lead out here in general.

Mike Emery
Old 09-02-2005, 01:23 AM

Good point. Maybe it would work better if 32 was T9 instead, and I didn't have two overs on the board? Also, do you know how to work the converter?
Old 09-02-2005, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Good point. Maybe it would work better if 32 was T9 instead, and I didn't have two overs on the board? Also, do you know how to work the converter?

[/ QUOTE ]

it is on greenage's profile. you have to use internet explorer though.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it is on greenage's profile. you have to use internet explorer though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Request the HH be mailed to you. Copy/Paste from emailed HH (with the upcards)
Old 09-02-2005, 01:06 PM

Some more thoughts:

The 3rd guy already called two cold on 5th; even if the player in the middle raises again (and like Mike said, this would mean your in trouble most of the time) he probably isn’t folding. If he had only called one bet on 5th, there’s some chance he was calling with an extremely weak hand and will now give up, but I just can’t see him folding here.
And, do you even want him to fold? How often will he make a hand that beats queens up (which you will have to make to beat the guy in the middle)? I think it doesn’t hurt you if he calls.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On 4th everyone catches low random, I catch a J and have two 2-flushes to go with my queens. I bet , all call.

On 5th street everyone catches random.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that hard to paint a clearer picture than that.